am I looking at the right lens?

looked it up and yes it seems to be the same 35mm f1.8 AF-S G DX lens... wicked that prices have gone up by so much :|... I remember seeing it for €159.- here and it's €172.- at cheapest now... only up by €13.- that's a price difference I can understand but doubling prices wow!

I just sold my d90, so I am looking to sell my dx lenses. Its crazy how expensive this lens got in the past 6-8 months. This lens is not even made in japan either.I will check on the price for the 10.5 fish eye next...........

Just checked the best buy website and it is $199, even taxed it's still cheaper then everyone else. And they're usually on the high side of things.

Edit:
Just checked their prices on other lenses and there is roughly a $20-$50 difference on various lenses

If you think that's bad, the 70-200 VRII's are now going for almost $3,000 in Amazon :eek: :eek:

The prices shot up so high it saw the earth's curvature

I think people are realizing the 35 1.8 DX is actually an FX lens and is priced accordingly. :wink:

I bet Nikon purposely vignetted the 35 DX slightly as not to make it look like an FX lens. In all actually it really is one!

what the heck? your right jonathan f2!! the lens does not vignette too bad on a d700 with the auto dx crop turned off. did anyone else try this? I mean I only took a few shots but its really not THAT bad.......... maybe I wont be selling it after all.

what the heck? your right jonathan f2!! the lens does not vignette too bad on a d700 with the auto dx crop turned off. did anyone else try this? I mean I only took a few shots but its really not THAT bad.......... maybe I wont be selling it after all.

Increase the vignetting control setting to high, aperture at 1.8 and shoot mainly close-up. At those settings, it minimizes vignetting quite a bit.

B&H has it...

...for $279. :mad:

I bought mine from a LOCAL store almost 2 years ago for $199 + tax.

Price gouging. Artificial fear of fewer products.

I went back to the Bestbuy where I had seen it and it was still there but all they had left was the actual display lens. At first they were not going to sell it but after checking other stores and seeing there were none around they agreed to sell it. They could not find the box or hood but sold it for a discount. I got it for $169. No box or papers but with the receipt I will still get the full warranty so I think it was a good deal...

Latest threads

Top Bottom