Am I the only one disgusted with Nikon ...

Real Name
Andrew
Tried the D300 and it was no step up from the legendary D200. More so, it marked the start of the adoption of the previously much derided "Canon Colours" by Nikon.
That's because that was the model that Nikon went from CCD to CMOS. I went from a D50 to a D300. The D300 is a major step up in every way. Colors can be tweaked via an in camera profile or if shooting RAW in your processor of choice.

I'm honestly surprised you liked/purchased the D500/D850, given their "bulk". It seems you've gone against your own mantra.

I think your perceptions and notions are a bit over blown/unrealistic, to be honest, and I don't see any further need to continue here.

Real Name
Ian
When the upgrade belatedly appeared in the form of the D500, I bought one immediately.

When an even more compelling offering in the shape of the D850 came shortly after, I got one immediately as well.
So then what are you continually bitching about? You have two cameras that fully support the plethora of AF-D lenses you apparently own. Use the cameras and be happy, and quit complaining about a camera you don’t own. It’s becoming a bit pedantic...

Perhaps your frustration should be vented directly to Nikon, Dayo. I have not noted anyone else here as upset regarding Nikon's business decision.

Your use of the word "disgusted" in the title? :rolleyes:
Clickbait.

The posts themseves remained cordial though. I took the hits with a shrug and explained my views. The one from the beagles did blindside me though but I came back off the ropes.

Let's all keep our sense of humour intact.

In the meantime, I will be sending an "angry" email to Nikon HQ about this issue.

Real Name
Andrew
That's a shame. Thought we were having a nice conversation.

We did digress a bit though. Just wanted an adaptor for my 85/1.4 & 180/2.8 etc.

Guess it's another 10 years wait for Nikon to hopefully deliver.
We are having a nice conversation, but you are firmly entrenched in your position and appear to be stuck there. I don't know what more I can contribute.

That's a shame. Thought we were having a nice conversation.

We did digress a bit though. Just wanted an adaptor for my 85/1.4 & 180/2.8 etc.

Guess it's another 10 years wait for Nikon to hopefully deliver.
Honestly it's probably not going to happen. Like I mentioned earlier in this thread, many lenses already have AF-S replacements or near equivalent lenses on the market either filled by Nikon or third party. Also if you switch systems, those AF-D lenses will work at best as MF lenses as well.

Outside of a few AF-D 1.4 and 2.8 options, many of the AF-D primes were just rehashed designs from the manual focus AI/AI-S lenses, in which case I prefer the manual lenses over the AF lenses due to their all metal construction and overall durability. Anyways, I'd just sit tight and enjoy what you have. Nikon Z has only been out less than a year and it's going to be ripe for lens adapter makers to fill in all the gaps.

I suggest we treat it as such.
Fair enough but then the subject of discussion has been anything but.

Title was just to pique interest and has resulted in enlightenment to me and possibly others.

Will be keeping an eye on the adaptor Jon F2 mentioned for instance.

Real Name
David
Tried the D300 and it was no step up from the legendary D200. More so, it marked the start of the adoption of the previously much derided "Canon Colours" by Nikon.
Guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

While yes there was the change from CCD to CMOS, I wouldn't call them "Canon Colors". It was one of my favorites and there were several significant upgrades.

The removal of the screw is to be expected.
Manufacturers are miniaturising as much as they can, removing weight and cost while achieving the same results through new technologies.
I did not believe that in my lifetime I would be able to charge some of my devices without the need for direct cable connection.

Real Name
Andy
Mmmh, I still see no advantage of the much bigger Z-mount.
Where are the high light intensity lenses? Where are the advantages of the new f/4 and f/2.8 over the AF-S lenses?
OK, the announced f/0.95 NOCT - but how many of us will buy it?

Regards
Klaus
The ability to make lenses faster than f/1.4 is only the tip of the iceberg. The new 24-70 f/4 has proven itself. The 14-30 has great potential to to be a great wide angle optic that sheds the retro focus design. Those two new lenses combined are the same weight as the 14-24 by itself.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom