1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Am I the only one??

Discussion in 'General flash photography, lighting, and technique' started by RonnieS1965, Jul 29, 2009.

1. Just got my MC-30 release today, I had ordered it from Adorama in their used section. Imagine my surprise when I opened it up and found a single pin connector?? Has anyone heard of the MC-30 coming with two different connectors...or am I the only one who thought it only had the 10-pin??

2. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Is this what you got? Adorama is not unknown for getting their parts confused.

3. Wileec

Wileec Guest

I have what Chris pictured and it definitely has ten pins. And the listing at Adorama shows the same item, with ten pins. Sounds like they sent the wrong item.

Additionally, I've had only good experiences with Adorama, in terms of order accuracy.

4. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    For the most part I have too. However they sent me a 49mm filter instead of the 39mm they had listed, and a 100mm f/2.8 Zuiko lens that they marked as a 180mm lens. Absolutely no problem with returning though - they emailed me a pre-paid label and I just dropped the items in the mail.

5. I have a MC-30 too, it is indeed a 10 pin unit.

I think they mixed up the order.

6. This was a MC-30 but it had a single pin connector. It looked like the MC-30, even had MC-30 on the body like the real thing. When I called Adorama, the lady I talked to didn't seem even fazed as to what I was talking about. I wish customer service knew about their own products. I did send it back today, I will try somewhere else next time.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.