Am I too Picky ...

THis should be posted in the technical question forum but here it is since this is a portrait.

The Picture

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

If you look carefully, you will see a yellowish banding light on the left side of the picture (in her right side chin, cheek and going up fading in the shadow. The picture was taken at the golden light time. This is not the result of the processing, it was even more obvious in the original image.

Am I too picky, I find the color transition to be on the weird side ...

What banding?

Yves,
Beautiful image.

Guess we can't see it on a net photo. May be to small. I don't see anything either.

Great portrait of her though.

Cheers
Gale

I suspect it's more of a (shutter!) WB issue

After seeing Frank's redo, (good job U.C.), taking out some of the yellow, I don't see anything out of the ordinary now. I think it's more the way the light and shadow is falling across her face. So, how'd you get it so silky smooth? And, Yves are you shooting in sRGB, or converting after the fact? And, why no Hue increase this time?

Re: I suspect it's more of a (shutter!) WB issue

Steve S said:
After seeing Frank's redo, (good job U.C.), taking out some of the yellow, I don't see anything out of the ordinary now. I think it's more the way the light and shadow is falling across her face. So, how'd you get it so silky smooth? And, Yves are you shooting in sRGB, or converting after the fact? And, why no Hue increase this time?
You're probably right ... Light and Shadow hitting ...

Silky smooth because I processed with a layer of smoothness in PS

Shot sRGB, bad me ...

No hue plusses because I was experimenting, Hue Plus would have made this one worse too as it tends to the green ...

UncleFrank said:
What banding?

Thx UF, I guess I was too much into it I guess.

You did notice it though right ?

Thx UF, I guess I was too much into it I guess.

You did notice it though right ?
Yes, it became very obvious once I imported the picture into Photoshop. I think it was a natural effect, from the afternoon light, but in the absense of a background to support it, it came across as a yellow cast.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom