Am I too Picky ...

Discussion in 'People' started by Boobie Joe, Mar 20, 2005.

1. THis should be posted in the technical question forum but here it is since this is a portrait.

The Picture

[​IMG]

If you look carefully, you will see a yellowish banding light on the left side of the picture (in her right side chin, cheek and going up fading in the shadow. The picture was taken at the golden light time. This is not the result of the processing, it was even more obvious in the original image.

Am I too picky, I find the color transition to be on the weird side ...

2. Good shot Yves. I think it is really nice!! :) :) :) :) :)

3. obelix

obelix

Mar 17, 2005
    Fremont, CA, USA
    Nope.

It is a nice picture and I would not have noticed the banding unless you mentioned it.

4. What banding?

original.

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Yves,
    Beautiful image.

Guess we can't see it on a net photo. May be to small. I don't see anything either.

Great portrait of her though.

Cheers
    Gale

6. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    I suspect it's more of a (shutter!) WB issue

After seeing Frank's redo, (good job U.C.), taking out some of the yellow, I don't see anything out of the ordinary now. I think it's more the way the light and shadow is falling across her face. So, how'd you get it so silky smooth? And, Yves are you shooting in sRGB, or converting after the fact? And, why no Hue increase this time?

7. Re: I suspect it's more of a (shutter!) WB issue

You're probably right ... Light and Shadow hitting ...

Silky smooth because I processed with a layer of smoothness in PS

Shot sRGB, bad me ...

No hue plusses because I was experimenting, Hue Plus would have made this one worse too as it tends to the green ...

8. Thx UF, I guess I was too much into it I guess.

You did notice it though right ?

9. Yes, it became very obvious once I imported the picture into Photoshop. I think it was a natural effect, from the afternoon light, but in the absense of a background to support it, it came across as a yellow cast.

10. Hey Yves,

Can you post a 100% crop of the area. I see the banding you're talking about but would like a more detailed view.

_/oe