1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Amanda

Discussion in 'People' started by Czechman01, Apr 17, 2007.

1. Here's another blast from the past...

Amanda wanted some shots to send to her husband serving with the 82nd Airborne in Iraq and these are a few from what we came up with.

original.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

original.jpg

original.jpg

2. Knight Ong

Knight Ong Guest

Likes #3, got the feels .. :biggrin:

Not sure about #1 .. guess I should try 1 myself to understand better .. :confused: 

3. I'm a fan of #2 - that's a shot he should be proud to show around the barracks.
    Very classy.

Don

4. Hey Woody, very good - nr 2 stands out though, classy & elegant, great lighting & composition! :biggrin: nr 1, I am not sure about the PP there... but I guess it just boils down to taste! Thanks for sharing, very good stuff as usual :smile:

5. sclamb

sclamb

Jan 2, 2007
    London
    Beautiful Woody. I am always stunned by the quality of your portraits. I bet the chap was very pleased to have such great images of his wife to remind him of home and her love.

6. lowlight_junkie

lowlight_junkie

Nov 28, 2005
    All Superb Woody! I really love the light and toning in no 1

7. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    Great lighting Woody! 2 and 3 are very nice - I especially like the model's eyes. On 1, I like everything but the toning.

8. Thanks for the comments everyone.

The first one was the result of "I wonder what would happen if I did this" experiment. I had finished the skin layer and selected the background layer and started playing with Hue Saturation. So the skin layer blocked out areas of the blue-shifted layer. If I were to do this today, I'd do it in a way where only the hair was blue.

I took these about 2-3 years ago.

9. Great job Woody!! #1 is an awesome shot!! The only thing that would have made #2 better would be the ring being on her left hand (wedding ring). #3 is just amazing, I think that's the one that will used during "private time"... :biggrin:

10. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Well those should drive the guy nutzzzz:>))))))))

11. I like them all Woody, I would probably opt to not have the lipstick stand out quite so much on #1 but still love the shot. In fact pictorially I like the pose in #1 the best. Very nice and your model's husband will like these I am sure.

12. Great stuff! #2 is my fave and #1 could be in a fashion mag... I don't know, selling the new "Ice" perfume...

13. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    I think he'll be more than pleased. The B&W one is awesome.

14. Ottrott's Human

Ottrott's Human

May 21, 2006
    USA
    Great processing.....the jewelry in #2 an #3 looks amazing.

15. cuss2much

cuss2much Guest

excellent work...

I like number 2 the best...

16. Im a fan of #2 and #3, but as Don said #2 is classy.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.