1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Amanda's First Macros

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by The Clam, Aug 1, 2009.

1. My budding photog daughter Amanda (age 11) decided to try her hand at macro so off we went to the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens. She took these using her D50 and the 105VR. Before she took her first shot, she asked if she would have her own thread on the Cafe:smile: so here goes. We hope you like them.

607633707_VpPgn-XL.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

607633521_juSah-XL.jpg

607633482_V4cfU-XL.jpg

607633796_39qQG-XL.jpg

607633757_UYnh3-XL.jpg

607633905_Z5CWx-XL.jpg

And the artist at work:

608258376_HC79M-XL.jpg

2. corns5

corns5

Mar 21, 2008
    Florida
    Beautiful shots! It looks like your daughter is following in dad's footsteps!

3. 3whiteroses

3whiteroses

May 23, 2008
    Maryland
    Lovley Images! She looks focused.

4. shtarka1

shtarka1

Feb 1, 2008
    Boston
    Nice job !!

5. Very nice set!

6. aspiringphotos

aspiringphotos

Sep 26, 2008
    Kansas
    She looks like a pro! I think it's wonderful that the two you can share photography.

The flowers have nice bokeh and it looks like she's controlling the DOF well.

7. willg

willg

Nov 22, 2007
    New Jersey, USA
    What? No Barbies? I envy you Larry, I could'nt get either of my 2 kids to get interested in the camera. Must be a blast to have your little girl go out shooting with you. She did just great, handheld no less. Composition was handled very nicely as well. Still trying to figure out how she took the last shot.:wink:

8. Thanks Carol. She's something special.

Thanks Angela. She really does concentrate and try to work on her technique. She's a great kid.

Thanks Steve.

Thanks Alex.
    Thanks Kelly. I set her up at about f6.3 to give her some leeway. The light was a little harsh at times but at least the rain held out until after we left.

Thanks Will. Yeah, I'm very happy she is showing an interest in photography. When she says she wants to shoot something, I do my best to get her out to try it. And she has a really good eye for composition. We may be looking at a graffiti shoot next. :smile:

9. Awesome Larry, tell Amanda that I truly love her 1 and 3 shots. Excellent work!!!

10. You have a very talented young lady. I think she did an excellent job with these images.

11. Thanks Rich, Andrew, Tom. It gives her a thrill to see positive feedback from such a talented group. I'm very proud of her.

12. I wouldn't call me talented, I just like what it see :wink::wink:

13. Zee71

Zee71

Apr 1, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Excellent work from a great teacher! Well done Larry.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.