Amanda's First Macros

My budding photog daughter Amanda (age 11) decided to try her hand at macro so off we went to the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens. She took these using her D50 and the 105VR. Before she took her first shot, she asked if she would have her own thread on the Cafe:smile: so here goes. We hope you like them.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

And the artist at work:

She looks like a pro! I think it's wonderful that the two you can share photography.

The flowers have nice bokeh and it looks like she's controlling the DOF well.

What? No Barbies? I envy you Larry, I could'nt get either of my 2 kids to get interested in the camera. Must be a blast to have your little girl go out shooting with you. She did just great, handheld no less. Composition was handled very nicely as well. Still trying to figure out how she took the last shot.:wink:

Beautiful shots! It looks like your daughter is following in dad's footsteps!
Thanks Carol. She's something special.

Lovley Images! She looks focused.
Thanks Angela. She really does concentrate and try to work on her technique. She's a great kid.

Nice job !!
Thanks Steve.

Very nice set!
Thanks Alex.
She looks like a pro! I think it's wonderful that the two you can share photography.

The flowers have nice bokeh and it looks like she's controlling the DOF well.
Thanks Kelly. I set her up at about f6.3 to give her some leeway. The light was a little harsh at times but at least the rain held out until after we left.

What? No Barbies? I envy you Larry, I could'nt get either of my 2 kids to get interested in the camera. Must be a blast to have your little girl go out shooting with you. She did just great, handheld no less. Composition was handled very nicely as well. Still trying to figure out how she took the last shot.:wink:

Thanks Will. Yeah, I'm very happy she is showing an interest in photography. When she says she wants to shoot something, I do my best to get her out to try it. And she has a really good eye for composition. We may be looking at a graffiti shoot next. :smile:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom