Amateur Motocross Track, Spring is here!

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by lexiticus, Mar 30, 2007.

1. Finally back in action, This is where I seem to net my most shutter actuations. Its crazy how many pics you can take in such a short time!

Normally theres about 10 different people there, but apparently they did some effective advertising, because this time there was over 40! I was only planning on taking a couple hundred pics, And ended up with over 800!

Because of the sheer volume of people, and the 3 hours it took me to go through them all and put the good ones online (I try for 2 of each rider), I decided to change my pricing strategy, Before I never sold pictures, just the digitals at the end of the year. It Grossed me about $330 (@ $30 a cd) for a lot of work.
    So this year I'm going to sell by print, and give the digitals away with the larger prints (8x12 or larger). If I make as much as last year I will be happy, I do it for fun more than I do it for money, but editing can be a chore!

So heres a bunch, Some on my D50 (with Sigma 18-200), And some were with my D70s, (with Sigma 10-20). (I tried using CLS with one Sb-600 in some corners, but the sunlight was too bright, and the Pre-flash's never triggered the Sb-600)
    Because I can go right on the track, I get to use the wide angle and otherwise lower quality lenses. The 18-200 image quality doesn't seem to hold up much past 120mm, but its extremely convenient for panning, and fast aproaching bikes.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2007
  2. BryanSpeed

BryanSpeed

Feb 20, 2007
    N. Texas
    the one against the sun is real neat :)
    you should join up at www dirtrider.net

at least one person from BC there.

3. nipprdog

nipprdog

Jun 8, 2006
    IN
    I like #3.

what caused the vignetting in #1? filter, lens hood?

tip; photos display better when there is a space between each one. :biggrin:

4. Ahh cool thanks, i just checked out their forum

>>what caused the vignetting in #1? filter, lens hood?

Actually That was just the lens itself (The Lens hood was on but no filters), at f5.6 20mm (Wide open on the Sigma 10-20mm) Theres a noticeable loss of contrast and sharpness in the 4 corners. It mostly dissapears at f6.3, but because it was Dark in that corner and I just had the camera on Shutter priority 1/500.
    (Edited for spacing, thanks :Glasses: )