1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Amazing Wedding Photography

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by devo, Aug 5, 2009.

1. devo

devo

Sep 22, 2008
    Philly / SoMD
    Just thought I would share this guys photo blog that I found on a music message board I frequent....

http://www.thefivemilegrace.com/photoblog/?p=570

These wedding photos are amazing.

I lol'ed at the one with the grooms men and no pants.....:biggrin:

2. What do you find so amazing? And yes, that particular image did make me chuckle.

3. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    I think the amazing part that he's seeing is the "emotion" the photog captured. We all know how hard it is to do weddings. I know that first hand...I've done a couple "by myself". We fidget with our settings to make sure we get that lighting or exposure correct...when we should really be looking for special smile, that look, that extraordinary look.

The photog in these images captured so much emotion that it touches your heart, your funny bone and also your interest.

That's what I see so amazing in these images. I will say that I am not fond of the processing...looks like something out of the 70's. I can see one or two images processed that way...but not all the images.

Just my 0.2¢ FWIW.

Sen

4. I think you have nailed it. My sentiments are very close to yours, with the exception of your categorization of "looks like something out of the 70's". We got married in 1971, and ours don't look ANYTHING like this :wink::wink::tongue:

I also agree that I would prefer more of a "mix", both on the types of shots as well as the processing. To be fair to the photog, we are only seeing a few.

5. wgilles

wgilles

Apr 25, 2008
    NJ
    It's definitely different. I'm sure his clients are very happy with the photos they receive.

6. devo

devo

Sep 22, 2008
    Philly / SoMD
    Couldn't have put it better myself.

But I do love the PP on those "70's" style photos.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.