Amazon just shipped my 500mmPF! Yippee!

Sooo excited. Tried it a couple of weeks ago on a rental and loved it. Suddenly, here it comes! Can't wait for the weekend and picture-taking time :happy::happy::happy:

I've started to wonder about that, Randy... Truth is I haven't been using the 500 G as much as I had hoped. I find that I enjoy birding much more when I'm handholding and/or while traveling. The 500 G is too heavy for that. Hmm...
and I got a 500e after you got my 500g, the g was too heavy for me, the e is way better but it still doesn't leave the house because the 500pf is so good. For BIF there has never been anything even close to the 500pf

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Check out how Amazon packed it! Not one iota of packing material. Seems to be ok but holy-moley! :mad:

there is no reason to buy cameras or lenses from Amazon. Their packing has always been a joke and for a $3600 item that is absurd.
They’ll be hearing from me. I actually ordered from BH and Adorama as well. This just came in first. I agree...just nuts

If you've ever tried to 'complain' to Amazon, you know it's not easy. I finally got to a person via chat. Lots of very polite canned answers and a $10 credit voucher. Really not necessary as I just wanted to be on record that something wasn't right in their shipping dept.

Meanwhile - dang 8-5 job is interfering with my photo-taking!

If you've ever tried to 'complain' to Amazon, you know it's not easy. I finally got to a person via chat. Lots of very polite canned answers and a $10 credit voucher. Really not necessary as I just wanted to be on record that something wasn't right in their shipping dept.

Meanwhile - dang 8-5 job is interfering with my photo-taking!
IMHO, it is a total waste of time to complain to them.
And that is IF you can get someone that understands what you are saying. Usually the person I am talking to has English as a poor second language. Maybe that is why they outsource to offshore call centers, the customer gives up in frustration.
They "might" record it, but will they do anything, VERY unlikely.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom