Amazon lily and a look-like sea urshin plant

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by daodang, Mar 4, 2005.

1. Hi,

I took these pictures while comparing manual focus with my «reborn» eye against the D100 AF. The results seem not too bad to be shared for viewing.

Amazon lily. This flower is about 2 inches in diameter
    D100. Tamron 90mm macro. 1/60s, f/14. No exposure compensation. ISO 400. Normal in-camera sharpening. Manual focus.

From above, this desert plant looks like a sea urshin or with a little bit of imagination, an alien spaceship lost in space :)
    D100. Tamron 180mm macro. 1/80s, f/10. No exposure compensation. ISO 400. Normal in-camera sharpening. Manual focus. With SB800

Thanks for viewing.
    Regards.

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Hey Dao, the first one is a nice shot, and a tribute to your eye surgeons. The second is out of this world. If I were you, I'd go back and pay them double.... :wink:

Regards,

Frank

3. Hi Frank,

I will pay them double... in a way :) . My left eye surgery is sceduled for April 15th. Thanks.

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Yeah, I know. I still can't believe the great shots that you have gotten with the eye problems that you have had. Just goes to show that so much of art is in the mind of the artist.... :wink:

Frank

5. Really nice Dao, that second one is super. My neighbor has a cactus just like that one and I notice that buds are starting to form in the top. I will have to keep my eyes open for the emerging blossoms.

6. WHOA!! :shock: :shock:

That second shot is WICKED COOL!! :shock:

7. The second one is posted in the wrong forum, I would suggest astrophotography.
    Does this galaxy have a name already? :lol: :lol:
    Great shot, indeed.

8. Hi Harry, Each time I look at that picture, I think about the old TV serie Lost in space with the famous Doctor Smith, and the robot. :) :) Glad you hace appreciated it.

9. #2 is a fantastic shot. You were even able to control DOF so the ground isn't too distracting, well done.