Amazon packing is nuts

Real Name
Ken
I ordered a new higher end Samsung tablet for my wife for a present. The Amazon contract delivery person (in his personal vehicle, not the official Amazon van we see now) stopped short of the porch and just threw the package. It bounced off the step and crashed into the my glass storm door. We were lucky it didn't bust the glass as it made a heck of a loud bang!. I immediately got in touch with Amazon and reported this with the order number and time it came so that driver could be tracked. I also offered to send them the video from my Ring camera which caught the whole thing. This was normal stuff for this guy. He had even turned in a report that he didn't take a picture of the package on the porch as he "handed it to the owner"! I told the Amazon rep that this sort of thing really discouraged people from buying high end products only to have them trashed by the low paid delivery person. I noticed that not long after that I never saw this loser doing deliveries in this area again.
Ouch! We have mostly been lucky with Amazon deliveries in that the drivers are polite and walk the packages up to our porch. And on occasion we will get the photo of the package as well. Only my regular UPS driver does a better job of delivering. He often hides the package on the hidden side of the porch or behind the screen door. I have not seen him these past few weeks so I am hoping everything is okay with him. He as been our regular driver since at least 2012, and while he always seems in that typical UPS hurry, he is still a decent guy. When COVID hit and they upped him to 70 hours a week, he looked exhausted (as we normally get our deliveries in the late afternoon) so I started keeping cold cans of soda in the refrigerator for him. It seemed like the least I could do as a token of gratitude, but he seemed to enjoy them.

--Ken

Ouch! We have mostly been lucky with Amazon deliveries in that the drivers are polite and walk the packages up to our porch. And on occasion we will get the photo of the package as well. Only my regular UPS driver does a better job of delivering. He often hides the package on the hidden side of the porch or behind the screen door. I have not seen him these past few weeks so I am hoping everything is okay with him. He as been our regular driver since at least 2012, and while he always seems in that typical UPS hurry, he is still a decent guy. When COVID hit and they upped him to 70 hours a week, he looked exhausted (as we normally get our deliveries in the late afternoon) so I started keeping cold cans of soda in the refrigerator for him. It seemed like the least I could do as a token of gratitude, but he seemed to enjoy them.

--Ken
Ken, my sentiments too. We love our local UPS/FedEx/USPS delivery guys. Know 'em by name. Occasionally run into them at a local watering hole. They know me too. We've never had a problem at the local level.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom