Amazon Users

Hopefully someone who purchases from Amazon often can help me out here...

So last week I purchased a used item from a seller on Amazon... The day I purchased the item I received a auto-confirm email from Amazon showing order summary, billing information, etc... All was good, but I went back to Amazon later that same day and clicked on "Your orders", and it tells me "No Orders Found". I still haven't received the item (It is well past the time they specified for shipping), but have yet to be billed as well.

This really isn't that big of a deal, i'm just wondering if it's common practice with Amazon for a seller to cancel the order and the buyer to know nothing about it. I haven't received any email's or messages cancelling my order... Should I assume that nothing is going to show up? Should I expect to still be billed?

All help appreciated.:smile:

Seems strange...have you contacted Amazon ? I hope that you didn't click on a link in an email, and it was a spoofed Amazon page.

The order itself was truly from Amazon... The actual order did show up under "Your Orders" for a few hours before it was taken down. I've been waiting for the package to show up, thus haven't contacted Amazon about it yet (About to do so though)... Just seems weird.

I had something similar to this happen at Amazon.co.jp (Amazon's Japanese subsidiary) for a preorder item in high demand (the Nintendo 3DS). My order initially showed up in "Your Orders," but then was gone when I checked later. I was never charged so didn't do anything or think too much about it.

I had something similar to this happen at Amazon.co.jp (Amazon's Japanese subsidiary) for a preorder item in high demand (the Nintendo 3DS). My order initially showed up in "Your Orders," but then was gone when I checked later. I was never charged so didn't do anything or think too much about it.

I just talked with them through chat and they simply told me that the order had been cancelled... Not a big deal, just seems odd that I didn't receive any kind of cancellation notice.

Thanks to both of you for the help!:smile:

Strange -- did they say why it was cancelled ?
I have never had this happen -- but would be upset if they did cancel one of my orders without at least letting me know

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom