1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Amber wing dragonfly

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Vincent T, Aug 27, 2008.

1. I need to get a book on dragon fly ID. This is from a field a couple minutes from the house.
    D-300
    Sigma 150mm w/ 1.4x
    original.
    Thanks for looking.
    Comments and critiques are always welcomed
    Vince

2. I'm gonna go with - Eastern Amberwing Dragonfly (Perithemis tenera)

3. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    That's a pretty dragonfly. Wonderful shot.

4. eastern I would guess. Nice work. In my limited experience I've seldom seen them on anything more than an inch or so above the water or ground level.

I can recommend a book that should be easy to find in most Borders and it's cheap and has full color plates. It's a beginners guide but for what I need it has pretty much identified them all. Has a good page to narrow choices down by color, wings, eyes, perching behaviour,

Stokes Beginners Guide To Dragonflies. (damsels too etc.) <$10.00 160 pp

glenn

5. Thanks for the info Glen, much appreciated.
    Vince

6. Great image, and nice bokeh

7. very nicely done, vincent
    thanks for sharing this shot with us

8. Nice shot! Beautiful Dragon!

9. Counter

Counter

Sep 18, 2007
    London
    Very nice. I was delighted to see some Mexican Amberwings this time last year but they were a little paler than yours.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.