Amelia

Discussion in 'People' started by greyflash, Jul 14, 2017.

1. My granddaughter Amelia.

_DSC6326.

2. Gorgeous--she could be the top model for years to come! Her smile reaches in to her eyes!

3. Why thank you Nick, what a nice thing to say.

4. kilofoxtrott

kilofoxtrott European Ambassador Moderator

Dec 29, 2011
    Tettnang, Germany
    Gordon, please don't tell her - but she's a cute one.

BTW: I'm becoming a grandpa in 8 months for the first time...

Kind regards
    Klaus

5. Klaus, you are going to enjoy being a grandpa. I have lots of them and it is nice to have all these little ones that love you.

6. kilofoxtrott

kilofoxtrott European Ambassador Moderator

Dec 29, 2011
    Tettnang, Germany
    Gordon, I'll ask you for advice how to handle it :):):)
    My only concern is - will my big hands fit with such a little one? ;):confused::eek:

Regards
    Klaus

7. I'm a bit worried about all the old guys comments, oh heck with it, she IS cute and gorgeous, isn't she? :D And yes, Klaus, you will enjoy your grand children, they will keep you young as long as you pay attention.

Gordon, on a more practical note, how did you light this? I'm trying to figure out that splash of yellow on her head.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Thanks for asking Bill. She was sitting at the kitchen table with an incandescent Art Deco lamp overhead. I had an on camera flash with a frosted globe over it. The image below is Amelia at a younger age and lit in a similar manner only in a darkened room.

_DSC4315-3.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Simply beautiful. Her blue eyes are precious.

10. Thanks, Gordon. I was beginning to question my sanity, and if I really DID see that splash of yellow! To be honest, it kind of adds an interesting little touch. She is really giving you "the look" in that second image. I'll be she is a real interesting kid to be around :)

11. She's a little beauty -- and that second photo definitely suggests that she has a distinctive personality as well!

12. Thanks all, I really appreciate your comments.