1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

American Girl in Italy 1951 by Ruth Orkin

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by RickC, Jul 28, 2008.

1. This is one of my all time favorite photographs. Does anyone know if it was candid or contrived? It looks that it could be either.

All I know is that the Italian guys look to be having a lot of fun and the girl looks to be worried. One thing, the girl is very beautiful.

2. Our local pizza shop has a copy of that in the dining room. Great photograph, and I always have to look at it when we are there.

3. I read an article in this months issue of black and white photography about Ruth Orkin. Apparently, the photo was partially staged. The girl in the photo is one of her models.

It is a great photograph, though. One of my favorites.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.