American Girl

Real Name
Chris
Thanks Dave, Brian and Darrell! Yes this is a high speed film, in fact it's Kodak's High Speed Infrared film. I used a #25 red filter for this shot, and carefully set the focus offset on the lens for IR. I developed it in straight D76 for 10 1.2 minutes at 68F, then printed it with a #2 filter on Ilford's Pearle finish Multigrade photo paper. This is a scan of an 8x10 print.

North Yorkshire born and bred in Edinburgh!!!
An exceptional portrait............ an exceptional capture of a moment in a persons life...........

Simple as that really................... :redface: :redface: :redface:

It doesn't matter if this was film or otherwise....... (though I KNOW it works better as a result of this and the work you put into processing/printing the image)..........

Just, simply, an astounding fraction of her life...............

Thanks for showing us this Chris.... made my day!

G

Thanks Dave, Brian and Darrell! Yes this is a high speed film, in fact it's Kodak's High Speed Infrared film. I used a #25 red filter for this shot, and carefully set the focus offset on the lens for IR. I developed it in straight D76 for 10 1.2 minutes at 68F, then printed it with a #2 filter on Ilford's Pearle finish Multigrade photo paper. This is a scan of an 8x10 print.
i particularly like the part about printing...wet printing has an appeal,oh, and cool picture

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom