American Girl

Real Name
Chris
Thanks Dave, Brian and Darrell! Yes this is a high speed film, in fact it's Kodak's High Speed Infrared film. I used a #25 red filter for this shot, and carefully set the focus offset on the lens for IR. I developed it in straight D76 for 10 1.2 minutes at 68F, then printed it with a #2 filter on Ilford's Pearle finish Multigrade photo paper. This is a scan of an 8x10 print.

North Yorkshire born and bred in Edinburgh!!!
An exceptional portrait............ an exceptional capture of a moment in a persons life...........

Simple as that really................... :redface: :redface: :redface:

It doesn't matter if this was film or otherwise....... (though I KNOW it works better as a result of this and the work you put into processing/printing the image)..........

Just, simply, an astounding fraction of her life...............

Thanks for showing us this Chris.... made my day!

G

Another good shot, Chris. It made me check to see if I had my 3-D glasses on! :wink:

Thanks Dave, Brian and Darrell! Yes this is a high speed film, in fact it's Kodak's High Speed Infrared film. I used a #25 red filter for this shot, and carefully set the focus offset on the lens for IR. I developed it in straight D76 for 10 1.2 minutes at 68F, then printed it with a #2 filter on Ilford's Pearle finish Multigrade photo paper. This is a scan of an 8x10 print.

i particularly like the part about printing...wet printing has an appeal,oh, and cool picture

Latest threads

Top Bottom