1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

American Idol and the 200VR

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by The Clam, Aug 8, 2008.

1. I was at Shea Stadium yesterday for the Mets vs Padres, trying out the 200VR at a game for the first time. I arrived early to shoot batting practice and there were American Idol winner David Cook and finalist Carly Smithson signing autographs on items tossed to them by the fans. As I was shooting Carly, she tossed a ball to a fan and missed, hitting ME and barely missing my lens!:eek: :eek: :eek:  She seemed to feel bad but no harm done.:smile:

347852476_tbXxe-XL.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

347852511_HYwdu-XL.jpg

347852574_96ZA7-XL.jpg

David Cook threw out the first pitch:
    347852460_zUrTr-XL.jpg

Shots from the rest of the game are here:
    https://www.nikoncafe.com/vforums/showthread.php?t=182534

As for the 200VR, all I can say is :Love:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  2. I am a HUGE David Cook fan....these are amazing! I'm so jealous!

3. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    what is that a screw ball he's winding up, hehe. nice shots.

4. Hey Zeus! No idol watcher here, I thought Cook looked good in his delivery though... Seriously, great shots... I need to find some more use for mine!

5. Thanks Sonya. He seemed like a nice guy, talking to the fans and signing pretty much anything he was given. He said Michael Johns was supposed to be there too.

Thanks Doug and Rich. My daughters have been big Idol watchers the last couple of years so that makes me one too.:redface: It was fun following it every week with them. It was good to see Cook could actually reach the plate easily. The Mets could use him for the bullpen.

6. lr0868

lr0868

May 25, 2008
    henderson, nv
    nice looking shots

7. yeah....
    some windup
    great shots
    funny... (thank goodness) story about carly's errant toss toward your lens

we love david cook, as well
    how great that must have been

nice of you to share these with us
    thanks

8. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    Oh, I liked Carley too early on, but I felt she overpowered, and didn't become the singer at the end she had potential to. It's all about control.

I did follow the most I ever have this year. I got sucked into it this last season big time.

Ultimately, I felt it was the right decision, Cook was mostly excellent. Archaletta was impressive though for 17, what a future the young man has.

9. Excellent shots! I didn't think they allowed big rigs into stadiums these days. How did you sneak in the 200VR?

David's pitching form is right on pitch ;-). He must have been a Little League or high school pitcher.

Carly's beautiful, but after her husband fills up her arms and torso with tats, he'll probably start on her face :-(.

10. Thanks, Lisa and Greg. The 200VR makes it easy.

Agreed. Same here. My daughter liked Brooke White but I thought Cook was the best overall. Carly and Michael Johns had the strongest natural voices IMHO though.

Thanks Frank. The folks at the front gate and the ushers inside are pretty cool about the gear. They even complimented the rig this time:smile: Security inside isn't always as understanding for some reason. I ususally bring the 300/2.8 and D2x or D3 and don't have a problem as long as I'm polite and don't get in anyone's way.

Carly's husband had done quite a bit to himself as I recall, face too. Not my cup of tea but that's what makes horseracing.

11. Am I the only person who has never watched American Idol??? I wouldn't have had a clue who these people were, but that lens makes everyone look damn good!!!!!

I was at Shea on Tuesday night, and saw Fernando Tatis hit two dingers.

12. I've only watched the past 2 seasons. This year the music was actually pretty decent at times and the kids like it so . . .
    But yeah, that 200VR is something special!

Tatis has been a real find.

13. ANDS

ANDS

Aug 2, 2008
    Sacramento
    Wow. Smithson is gorgeous. That is a dog gone impressive lens.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.