American Rubyspot.

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by threecats, Sep 3, 2008.

1. Taken on Rock river across from nuclear plant. I hadda use a 12mm wide to get these damsels in the frame even!!!!!

2825591161_a3bfa4bc4e_b.

2826521072_127faeb316_b.

2826520896_9535f8627a_b.

2825681119_dd3ea44a27_b.

next year I am going after these on a mission with the macro and tripod. These things are beautiful.
    glenn

2. Very very nice glenn, really like the first damsel and the composition. Hummm wonder if they glow in the dark??? :smile:

3. Beautiful, Glenn. I bet with a tripod and macro lens you could get some even better ones!

Which nuclear plant is this?

4. Thanks! The plant is in Dixon, Il. I believe it's the one my ex's cousin runs or ran.

5. Those are really beautiful Damsels!

Nice series, Glenn!

6. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    Beautiful damselfly. #1 of the damselfly shots is superb.

7. Thanks Torben, Jukka. I really want to nail these things next year. They are real perchers and I know if I pick a spot and wait I can macro em with a tripod and the 90mm. As you guys know these perchers often keep coming back to the same twig over and over so it's just a matter of waiting.

8. Spectre

Spectre

Feb 20, 2008
    Oregon
    Nice Damsel Glenn. There are supposed to be Ruby Spots around here but I have yet to find them! But, there's always next year.... hopefully I will have a camera by then!

9. Counter

Counter

Sep 18, 2007
    London
    Lovely shots. They look quite big!

10. I think we all hope you have one by then. Missing your shots. Those Rubyspots may be just coming out now. I can't imagine that where I saw them was any different than some other places I had been earlier.

11. mdsign

mdsign

Jun 14, 2006
    Netherlands
    Wow nice looking damsel. I hope you get him with your macro lens. Would love to see it a little closer. Thanks for posting these.

cheers, Mark

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.