Amsterdam in the Rain (Neopan 400) - Part 2

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by NikonConvert, Jun 8, 2007.

1. NikonConvert

NikonConvert

Jul 13, 2005
    Amsterdam
    I've scanned the rest of the Neopan 400 roll and a couple more came out OK so I thought I would share them with you to see what you thought. As before all images are taken on the Nikon F100, 50mm F:1.4 and Neopan 400. Also scanned on the Epson Perfection V700.

535548316_942986881b.
    Large or Full sized versions of the above image.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2007
  2. the third shot in particular holds my eye, very clean negative, lots of detail throughout when viewed on 'large'. i like what you've done here with the Neopan, and that lens is impressive.

3. cellison

cellison

Mar 18, 2006
    Canada
    I like the mood of these photos very much.

Chris

4. matthew.paul

matthew.paul Guest

Stunning photos! I love the mood they create. You can certainly feel the cold, wet, overcast weather...Reminds me of home, actually.

5. NikonConvert

NikonConvert

Jul 13, 2005
    Amsterdam
    Thanks very much for all the great responces =)

rodneyAB: I do love this lens (sometimes wish I'd just gone for the cheaper 1.8 version), it's nice and small so makes most cameras much more portable and fun to use. I was actually tempted to buy Ned's 45mm F:2.8 but it's silver =).. and I really need a wide one at the moment (Just missed a 20-35mm on ebay =(.. ).

Chris: I'm very pleased with the mood from the Neopan 400 too, they seem to scan pretty much like this from the negs but I have seen some quite different ones posted around the web. I do try to be careful not to push these too far on the digital side so as keep as much of the films aspect as possible but at the end of the day it's whatever looks good I guess.

Matthew: Hehe yeah I miss my home weather too. Not that it's vastly different to here, just seems to rain more. It's certainly not cold here at the moment but wet only for the nasty humidity which I hate even more... damn summer =)

6. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Oh my! I just saw these Edd. Really nice use of selective focus, and very evocative of the rainy weather. Especially in the 'large' size.

7. Yes, very nice shots!

8. NikonConvert

NikonConvert

Jul 13, 2005
    Amsterdam
    Thanks Chris =) I was a little nervous about taking the camera out in heavy rain so soon after taking it out of the box but I'm so glad I did now. I didn't have a chance to go out and take any shots last weekend which was really painful =(. I am counting down the hours until the next weekend now.

Thanks again Ned =). I wish I hadn't split the 2 Amsterdam rain shots into 2 threads but thanks for checking them both out =)

9. mkawa

mkawa

Apr 25, 2007
    San Diego, CA
    I can't stop looking at #3. Great!

10. dabluedevil

dabluedevil Guest

Great captures Edd. I keep coming back to these and your other thread.

11. LJ0913

LJ0913 Guest

wow, these are fantastic images! Thanks for sharing!

12. NikonConvert

NikonConvert

Jul 13, 2005
    Amsterdam
    I was unsure of some of these B/W shots and was going to delete a few from flickr and thus this thread as well. After getting such positive feedback from you all I think I will leave them all.

Thanks mkawa (sorry I couldn't find your name), Joe and Larry for your all you very kind comments =).