Amvona Muslins

Has anybody used their muslin BGs. I'm looking at their plain white and black muslins. They are pretty inexpensive, I'm just wondering if they are any good.

Thanks

I'm thinking of things like the thickness of the material, light blocking ability, true colors, durability, washablity, etc...

I've got two of them. However, I wouldn't recommend them. Two reasons:

1) Material is thin. Thinner than any other muslin I own (or have owned).

2) Customer Service. This was last year. I ordered two painted muslins from them. One was shipped immediately, the other was on back order. I waited a month and finally asked for a refund (via phone). They said a refund was no problem. Almost a month, and several calls/emails, later, I still hadn't received a refund. Then I received an email stating that my muslin had shipped. Unfortunately, they shipped the wrong one, a solid black one. I decided it wasn't worth the further hassle to return it and argue for my refund, (which is probably their plan all along) so I kept it.

I'd suggest looking at other brands. There are plenty out there. I currently own BG's from Westcott, Silverlake, Denny and several other brands. All very nice.

BTW, if you're just looking for solid black or white, you can also just buy raw muslin at a yardage shop. Even WalMart carries it.

I have a painted one packed up somewhere. It is thin, it is ok... just ok.

I have since bought one from two other places. The last one I got from Silverlake and it is great. It costs a lot more but worth every penny.

I think that is belong of what you paid is what you get topic, I did order something else from that company before, very disappointed, becarefull...

Latest threads

Top Bottom