An 8 yr olds Birthday

G

Gr8Tr1x

This is the second year that I have been asked by a co-worker to shoot her daughter's birthday. I guess it's nice for them to not have to worry about a camera... Anyway, here are some portrait snaps I did. It was a coboy/cowgirl theme...there were pony rides and a petting zoo...oh and a 'semi-professional' photographer :biggrin:

The birthday girl...
151929932-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

151926375-L.jpg

151926897-L.jpg

Hotspots! aaargh..oh well, better luck next time.
151928038-L.jpg

Brother got a Spiderman gift...it kept him happy.
151928820-L.jpg

Shot #1 is my favorite, you've done a nice job. I don't think most parents will ever notice hot spots, they just want to see a good expression on their child's face. :smile:

G

Gr8Tr1x

Cute shots Joshua, no wonder they asked you back.

Thanks, Gordon. I did Brother and Sister both last year....I guess I'll be back for Brother's in August...

Shot #1 is my favorite, you've done a nice job. I don't think most parents will ever notice hot spots, they just want to see a good expression on their child's face. :smile:

These are sort of outtakes anyway, because they're not looking at the camera...but they are my favorites. The hotspots arent horrible, but I should have known better to hit -.3 on the EV or shoot RAW. I shot over 400 and some pics today, so I was shooting JPEGS.

Excellent work! Nothing like having a free, yet talented photographer around to record your *events*.

P.S. You work too cheap!!:wink:

G

Gr8Tr1x

Excellent work! Nothing like having a free, yet talented photographer around to record your *events*.

P.S. You work too cheap!!:wink:

Well, she did write me a check (I'm not that easy, I know my time is worth something). However, I go easier on my workmates than I do the general public.

G

Gr8Tr1x

Good!

I'm not sure why I assumed otherwise........

If I didn't charge something, everybody at work would be asking me to their event for free....I can't have that. :biggrin:

I'll keep putting it away until I have enough to splurge on a 70-200mm VR.

G

Gr8Tr1x

You do know you can use mine anytime..

Thanks Eric, I appreciate that. I probably would bought one by now, but I keep getting turned off by the minimum focusing distance and the 70mm wide end (in tight quarters, the 55mm and shorter focusing distance is great). The 55-200mm Vr is cheap, but my shots from the birthday party with turned out fine...it is slooooow focusing...and slow aperture, but otherwise a fine lens for $249.

I may take you up on that and use your 70-200mm Vr for a wedding to see if I like it. Thanks, man.

Hey these are fantastic! And yep, no parent is gonna notice hot spots! Some of the espressions on those boys really brought a chuckle! Yep, you did well and glad they asked you back! These prove why! Each photo is priceless!

I like these Josh...but for a minute I thought you were talking about your
own birthday party...he he he

N

Nuteshack

these look great Josh ...would like to see some larger images posted from this lens so i can get an eye on the bokeh it renders...but man, just $249? geeeeeeeeeez....;-))

G

Gr8Tr1x

these look great Josh ...would like to see some larger images posted from this lens so i can get an eye on the bokeh it renders...but man, just $249? geeeeeeeeeez....;-))

Nute, the portraqits were done with the much more expensive 105mm VR :smile:

N

Nuteshack

Nute, the portraqits were done with the much more expensive 105mm VR :smile:

o man .,u really had me going there ..lol
...ok, time for u to hit the street for some wide open candids,,,i anoint u ..lol
:smile:

Latest threads

Top Bottom