An afternoon in Nice

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by Steved53, Oct 27, 2005.

1. Hi,

Further to Mike Picciotto's thread about Nice, one of his pictures reminded me of my last photo visit to Nice in March. See if you can see which one:

Almost crowned king (or pope?) for the day!

36505772-O.

Taking exercise and loving it.

36505770-O.

Having finished his exercise for the day, this chap is taking a close read of the newspaper!

36505775-O.

Does anyone know whether this bloke is famous? Sorry for the camera shake, I thought I was going to be attacked by the rottweiler!!

41796116-O.

Shhh! I'm meditating!

41795632-O.

O.K. I may be inanimate, but I'm pretty.... O.K. pretty BIG.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2005
  2. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    I sure would like to visit Nice someday! Looks like a wonderful place to take a holiday.

That first pic just made me laugh....the guy in the suit riding a bicycle w/the "hat".....what a riot!

Thanks for sharing.

3. Thanks Leigh.

Let me know if you want to come over. I look after rental properties over here, and at my current rate of progress, my house (that I am in the process of building), should be ready within 5 years or so!!

4. Very nice Steve. They make me want to go back and try again. You're so lucky to live nearby.

5. Thanks Mike. Yes, life could be a lot worse - I could be sent back to Liverpool:eek:

My only problem is that I don't find enough time to get out and take photo's. I need to spend less time on the computer!!

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very nice and entertaining images.
    Thanks for sharing.

7. Thanks for the comments Gale.

I went in again on Sunday, but I didn't take any pictures until after dark, so most are soooo shaky.

I'll try and post one, if only to prove to the rest of the world that the whole of France is not beset by riots and burning cars.
    43721089-O.

P.S. Taken at a third of a second @f5.6 with the kit lens (leaning against a lamppost)!

8. Nice is NICE, and so are your images.

9. Thanks Muril.

I only wish that I had taken a tripod with me. I never really venture out at night to take photo's, but the seafront bars/hotels and restaurants are so lit up at night that it could make for some interesting results.

p.s. You've got some great images on your site, and for what it's worth I think you made the right decision with the cow photo!

10. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Well I see no shake here.
    Very beautiful image.

11. Gale,

The description "beautiful" must go to your picture of Audry. That is one outstanding portrait.