An Album Cover Credit Would Be Nice

Discussion in 'Formal Portraits and Weddings' started by Ottrott's Human, Jul 29, 2008.

1. Ottrott's Human

Ottrott's Human

May 21, 2006
    USA
    Here's hoping!:wink:

CMA Award Winner Jean Morrison of MorrisonPoe (D2Xs and 28-70 2.8...which is essentially super glued to my camera at this point...I love DX):
    2715207358_14444dc514_o.

2706888544_183715a13e_o.

2703275863_f6987d42db_o.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2008
  2. wow
    of course they'd give you credit.... wouldn't they, Stu?

amazing shots, of course

3. Ottrott's Human

Ottrott's Human

May 21, 2006
    USA
    Only if they use one of my photo's!:wink:

4. of course
    well, i surely hope they will
    they'd be nuts not to

good luck
    you deserve this

5. Excellent Stu! Love #1.

6. Vin2k

Vin2k

May 9, 2007
    Dallas
    Wow! These photos are HOT! That second photo is burning a hole in my monitor. What did you say to her to get that look!

7. Zee71

Zee71

Apr 1, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Stunning to say the least.

8. Ottrott's Human

Ottrott's Human

May 21, 2006
    USA
    Thanks Greg!:cool: 

:biggrin:Thanks A!

Alright...it's an insider's secret so......you have to promise not to breath a word to *anyone*.

The magic phrase to get that look is:

"Say Cheese"!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Honestly, I have no idea....I talk in low tones, never make eye contact, hope they don't bite and prey I get a useable shot or two!

Thank you, very much, Mark!

9. The eye contact thing means you know a thing or two about women. When I was modeling full time, the photogs who *stared* gave me the creeps and it would show in the photos. The ones who only looked me in the eye through the viewfinder, where I didn't know it, seemed more professional and got better results from me.

These are amazing. Up there with your best, IMO.

10. Ottrott's Human

Ottrott's Human

May 21, 2006
    USA
    Sonya,
    Thank you.......your comments mean a lot to me. You *do* give me too much credit though.

I have been married for 20 years, have two daughters, work with models every weekend and still....know......absolutely......nothing.........about women!:redface:

Except maybe how *not*....to creep them out by acting like a dirty old man.

xxxooo

11. Well, I don't think you're giving yourself enough credit. You might not know that you *know* things, but your reflexes and behavior allow you to get these results. That means it's more than just "not acting like a dirty old man", LOL! Bedside manner is important for photographers as much as it is for doctors, because to most women feel vulnerable in front of the camera to some degree or another. If you don't have that, you don't get great photos. That's why most women I know prefer female photographers to males.

12. Ottrott's Human

Ottrott's Human

May 21, 2006
    USA
    This is very good input Sonya and I sincerely thank you. I really don't know anything about women....the whole Mars/Jupiter thing ya know (?), but I was definitely raised to respect them!

Maybe that's what comes across.

13. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    I say the same about working with kids. LOL!

Your doing well. Keep doing it.:cool: 

Didn't you know, some people on that other site are calling the D2x garbage.:rolleyes: 

14. Your eye for lighting is amazing. Thats all I have to say.

15. JoJo2Fast

JoJo2Fast

Nov 20, 2007
    Auburn, WA
    Awesome shots! Hopefully they'll use em!

16. Excellent work Stuart! Good luck with the cover shot...

17. Duschoolboy

Duschoolboy

Dec 17, 2006
    Stu,
    When I look at your photos, I try and study them. Your eye for lighting is a gift that is not obtainable by many without years of practice. Not to mention your pp. One of these days, Im gonna have to come up and sneek in on a shot and pp from start to finish! These are great, and hope you get the credit you well deserve for them.

18. Walter

Walter

Jan 13, 2006
    Columbia, Maryland
    Walter Rowe
    Great work Stuart. Do you know her personally or were you hired by her "people" to take those photographs? I would foster that relationship as much as possible. You never know what can come of it. Don't sell your soul or give anything away for free, but do keep in mind the potential future benefits of a good working relationship that this could produce.

Great pictures!

19. KG72

KG72 Guest

Great shots.... the second one is stunning.

20. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    Wow Stu. These are smoking!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.