1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

An animal that poops out gourmet coffee beans

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bestfromnw, Aug 12, 2009.

1. I take it you haven't seen "The Bucket List" movie?

2. cculler

cculler

Aug 12, 2008
    Seattle-ish
    I've actually tried Kopi Luwak. And if you're wondering, well, it tastes about as expected...

3. corns5

corns5

Mar 21, 2008
    Florida
    Should I say thank you for sharing! Ugh! Yuck! I will never buy coffee from the Phillipines now! Been to Haiti, and the scene of the folks there working on the coffee beans is reminiscent of market day there. Smells, lack of sanitation, not for me, ugh!

My husband always wanted me to quit drinking my coffee, and if this was the only way, I would definitely quit! btw, Mike, never heard of the bucket list movie, and right now after this, don't even want to know! Thanks! :) 

4. Wow, thats insane. But to each their own, just a different culture.

5. It's really a great movie with Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson. Highly recommended. And the movie isn't about the coffee, but it does play a part in it.

6. I never drank regular coffee. Don't expect me to try this!

7. wgilles

wgilles

Apr 25, 2008
    NJ
    It's really good. My girlfriend bought me a CUP for a present...

8. pirahnah3

pirahnah3

Feb 22, 2008
    wuss-tah
    yeah i didnt think it tasted bad at all, pretty good actually but holy crap (haha) its pricey stuff

9. GREAT movie with great actors. Made me cry - hit too close to home.

Also, I haven't seen the video posted, but I have horrible bathroom humor, so the title alone made me laugh out loud. At work. Try telling someone what you're laughing at with such a title! haha.

10. boyscout

boyscout

Mar 19, 2009
    Toronto
    Actually, it's not a different culture, it's OUR culture! The coffee they call Kopi Luwak would be an obscure blip in human history if it weren't for the fact that people in Western cultures with more money than brains have been willing to fork out extraordinary prices to drink the crap.

That last word was carefully-chosen.

11. thanks, but i think ill stick to regular coffee :smile:

12. I've tried it. Good stuff!

13. I LOVE good coffee, but for what civet processed coffee beans cost, I'd much rather have a glass of '77 Fonseca port or a nice XO Cognac. Give me a well roasted, French pressed Mocha Sanani or Rwanda and that's good enough for me!

14. Absolutely a great movie. I thought the coffee bit was a joke, so mentioned it to some real Coffee Folks at work, they roast their own beans, and they told me the whole story.

While this may seem a bit "yucky", anyone here eat/like Black Forest Ham? Be sure to read the "beef blood" note .... :wink:

And I'll even bet that one or more or you have indulged in Oysters, on the half shell or the Shooters variety ... :eek: 

15. Garth

Garth

Jan 25, 2009
    Lancashire. UK.
    Supposed to be the most expensive coffee in the world. Wouldn't bother me hardly ever drink the stuff. Tea best drink of the day.

16. Yuck Poo :eek: 

17. Rob T

Rob T

Aug 27, 2008
    SoCal
    A bit off topic, but I was lucky enough to see Rob Reiner working on this movie. I met him and was able to talk to him a bit about movies and other stuff in general.

Very nice and down to earth guy.

I was very impressed watching him work. The way he communicated what he wanted out of certain scenes to the sound mixing crew (this was during sound effects recording in the studio, I didn't meet Freeman or Nicholson) was very impressive, using hand gestures and even making sound effects with his mouth!

It was a very cool experience, especially as I am a "movie buff", and Reiner has made some great movies.

18. Bolts

Bolts

May 7, 2007
    Tampa, Florida
    Well, I need to get me a civet and some coffee beans and go into business. Hm, I wonder what else a civet will poop out?

(Can I say 'poop' here?)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.