1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

An attempt at "modeling" - 1 pic

Discussion in 'Formal Portraits and Weddings' started by Rallysport, Jul 28, 2009.

1. Ive only done a couple of model type shoots. 4 to be exact so i dont have a lot of experience with it. I usually shoot weddings or families.
    But my friend asked me to take some modeling shots of her. She had no experience in front of a camera but we got a few great shots and i was especially happy with this one.
    I know the effect is personal taste, but i thought it suited the image :) 
    C&C welcome so i can get better at this type of stuff!
    3765401531_6608bd4ecd_o.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. Paintguru

Paintguru

Dec 28, 2006
    Detroit, MI
    I like it very much! I did notice some white dots (flakes) in her hair on the right side of her face.

3. I gotta say it's a pretty good attempt for sure. I'm really digging it. Love the processing, except not 100% sure I like the purple tone. Not saying I don't like it, but I don't really know if I completely love the color.

4. ahhh i know, i was hoping nobody would notice ;) 
    i was debating on taking those out. She wanted to get all dolled up and the person who did her hair put sparkles and other things in her hair, it came out looking a little weird for photos but during the shoot she loved them. So i figure ill just keep them in for now

5. my eyes keep looking at her heels in the back..no matter how hard i try keeping my eyes at her face, they keep get drawn back to the heels. regardless, i like the processing. you did pretty well for your first attempt at modeling :smile:

6. Keaka

Keaka

Oct 13, 2005
    Richmond BC
    You definately have the right idea with the effect, mood and composition of the shot. I think her head is tilted slightly up too high and it takes away from her eyes.

7. danameless

danameless

May 9, 2009
    NYC
    Same here, I keep getting drawn to her feet. Also, her face looks a little soft to me, but maybe it's just my eyes - lol

Good shot for the first attempt though.

8. k-beer

k-beer

Feb 9, 2008
    Toronto
    I like the post processing a lot. Of course her being gorgeous certainly helps as well !!!

9. TXAvi8tor

TXAvi8tor

Feb 6, 2009
    Texas!
    Very nice. I like your PP, might have gone for a little more sepia (warm brown) instead of purple but that's personal preference.

A slightly higher camera position would de-emphasize her chin and open her eyes a little, if she were, as in this shot, looking to the side, but even with the camera. I like her out-of-focus legs crossed at the ankle, adds to the sexy feel.

Keep shooting!

10. Thank you guys! This all helps huge. Now im wanting to shoot models more and more. What have i started?? :D  lol

11. The Ben

The Ben

Oct 17, 2007
    Houston, Tx
    Looks good. The eyes look a bit over done... but I like it.

12. Zee71

Zee71

Apr 1, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Very nice capture .......... I like the look!

13. TCMony

TCMony

Jul 20, 2006
    McDonough GA
    It is a great shot, the only CC I have and it is a very small one at that, is that I would have put her hands a little lower to keep her from sticking her head too high. Nice shot and neat processing.

14. zahidkm

zahidkm

Jan 5, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Like it a lot. Though I am not a big fan of this color, it kinda goes with this picture.

15. Love the processing on this! Nice job.

16. Butlerkid

Butlerkid Cafe Ambassador Moderator

Apr 8, 2008
    Rutledge, Tennessee
    Karen
    Great photo. I simply echo other comments... the color doesn't work for me. Also, I think if you cloned out the bright spot on her heel, the eye wouldn't be drawn there!

All in all, a very nice job!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.