An attempt at "modeling" - 1 pic

Ive only done a couple of model type shoots. 4 to be exact so i dont have a lot of experience with it. I usually shoot weddings or families.
But my friend asked me to take some modeling shots of her. She had no experience in front of a camera but we got a few great shots and i was especially happy with this one.
I know the effect is personal taste, but i thought it suited the image :)
C&C welcome so i can get better at this type of stuff!
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

ahhh i know, i was hoping nobody would notice ;)
i was debating on taking those out. She wanted to get all dolled up and the person who did her hair put sparkles and other things in her hair, it came out looking a little weird for photos but during the shoot she loved them. So i figure ill just keep them in for now

my eyes keep looking at her heels in the back..no matter how hard i try keeping my eyes at her face, they keep get drawn back to the heels. regardless, i like the processing. you did pretty well for your first attempt at modeling :smile:

You definately have the right idea with the effect, mood and composition of the shot. I think her head is tilted slightly up too high and it takes away from her eyes.

my eyes keep looking at her heels in the back..no matter how hard i try keeping my eyes at her face, they keep get drawn back to the heels. regardless, i like the processing. you did pretty well for your first attempt at modeling :smile:
Same here, I keep getting drawn to her feet. Also, her face looks a little soft to me, but maybe it's just my eyes - lol

Good shot for the first attempt though.

Very nice. I like your PP, might have gone for a little more sepia (warm brown) instead of purple but that's personal preference.

A slightly higher camera position would de-emphasize her chin and open her eyes a little, if she were, as in this shot, looking to the side, but even with the camera. I like her out-of-focus legs crossed at the ankle, adds to the sexy feel.

Keep shooting!

It is a great shot, the only CC I have and it is a very small one at that, is that I would have put her hands a little lower to keep her from sticking her head too high. Nice shot and neat processing.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Real Name
Karen
Great photo. I simply echo other comments... the color doesn't work for me. Also, I think if you cloned out the bright spot on her heel, the eye wouldn't be drawn there!

All in all, a very nice job!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom