An early fall drive on a gloomy day

Great set!

I don't like these type of posts ... they remind me, how boring my country is. ;)
I don’t believe it! There is beauty everywhere.

Having spent a little time in Belgium recently, I can attest to the great natural, historic, social, cultural and gastronomical beauty of Belgium.

It probably won't be until late October and nearly November when our trees really begin to turn and we have a burst of glorious reds, oranges, yellows..... Some years are more colorful than others, though, so we'll just have to see what we get this time.
I'm sure you get much more color than we do with all your hardwood trees. Your dry weather now might not be good for the colors, though. I know when we have a dry fall our colors are minimal. The dry leaves just turn brown.

That is what I am thinking, too, Terri, that our very dry weather over the past couple of months plus no change in sight will mean a rather dull autumn is in store for us. Today is 91 degrees and I’m in shorts and a tank top again, and when looking across the lake at the lawns of the townhouses and their common area, all I’m seeing is dried-up brown grass rather than the beautiful green it is meant to be. Yep, I don’t think this will be a stellar year for autumn color. That said, I rather hope that if it is going to be dry, that it continue into the winter so that we have a mild winter with little or no snow.....that would be just dandy!

Latest threads

Top Bottom