An eclipse will cross the US for the first time in 99 years

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jaws, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Jaws

Jaws

Mar 27, 2007
    Columbia, MD
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. 480sparky

480sparky

May 27, 2013
    Cornpatch
    I started making plans in 2008.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. gwh1bass

gwh1bass

Sep 14, 2008
    Lansing MI
    No doubt it will be raining

4. Growltiger

Growltiger Administrator Administrator

When is the next one after that?

5. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
  6. We are planning to be flying either in Oregon or Wyoming on that day!

7. Cool, I live just north of it's path in Aberdeen, WA so it should be pretty good here... :cool:

Thanks for mentioning this, Jaws...! (y)

8. SteveK

SteveK

Mar 16, 2005
    Alaska
    It's path is a long way south of Alaska, so I'll have to do with seeing photos others take of it.

9. Trying to locate a quiet spot from which to watch and hopefully photograph it. Looking more like it will be in eastern Oregon, as my preferred sites in Idaho promise to be over run with people!

10. 480sparky

480sparky

May 27, 2013
    Cornpatch
    I don't plan on even having a camera with me. I want to experience it, not document it.

enjoy_the_moment.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Good one, Ken... :joyful:

12. My wife reminds me that is the date of our grandson's 18th birthday (rjthomas222 on the Cafe).

13. SteveK

SteveK

Mar 16, 2005
    Alaska
    Quick, everyone book places in Eastern Oregon! Everybody says it's the best place!

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Careful, or I'll come up and ride around your cabin in the snow on my very loud motor sled!!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. 480sparky

480sparky

May 27, 2013
    Cornpatch
    Odds are, it's already booked solid and has been since this time last year.

16. Nah, city folk will head to the OR coast, and they are afraid of cows, ticks, and us country bumpkins!

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Hey Ken - somehow we managed to book a campsite in Owyhee St. Park in Eastern OR a few months back, on the day that it opened for this season's reservations - and yes: online, the place was filling up quickly with the red Xs that denoted "campsite unavailable".

And Nick - we're sorta "folk" from a city about the same size as your Moscow, but we're not afraid of cows but not fond of ticks. As for "country bumpkins" - we're looking forward to meeting at least some of those from up your way!;)

18. I don't like ticks either! We're looking at heading out to BLM or USFS land. But, yeah, it would be great to meet up sometime, somewhere.

19. 480sparky

480sparky

May 27, 2013
    Cornpatch
    Buy the book Eclipse by Fred Espaneck. Very good read without being technical.