An evening bird bonanza

About a month ago I moved my office from one township where we provide service for the community to a shorter commute from home . Now I commute 1 hour one way instead of 3. I stay in an apartment away from home for 4 nights a week and come home to a new family every end of the week.
This evening I went looking for the "usual suspects" though without much hope since ice is still on the lakes in a lot of areas.
Boy was I surprised; Herons (GB) Eagles; Pelicans; Kestrel: Mergansers; Gold Eye; Loons; Mergansers; - all within a relatively small area vying for open water.

Processed these quickly on my laptop at my work residence. But i have hundreds that I am anxious to process once I get home.

Juvenile Baldy...kept getting closer. I expect he wanted to tell me something:D
Eagle%20at%20Nipigon%203.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Then there was this guy:
Hawklike%20bird%20%20at%20Nipigon%204.jpg

And a kestrel: ( major crop )
Kestral%20%20at%20Nipigon_.jpg

"Clear the runway...I'm coming in hot" - actually given his breeding plumage I think he's hot for Mama pelican.
Pelican%20at%20Nipigon.jpg

Did I mention that he was getting closer!

Eagle%20at%20Nipigon%204.jpg

thanks everyone...Merlin? or Broad winged Hawk...Leaning towards a Merlin..but then what do I know.

You can lean till you fall over but the bird will still be a Broad-winged Hawk :smile:

Larry

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom