An illustrated story(10 pics)

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by hans, Apr 6, 2005.

1. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    On the way to visit a new job site I passed this house,

[​IMG]

Noticed that the garden was open for public went for a walk

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I spotted a gardener ,walk over and asked him about the house
    It's a private residence he told me,the owner opened the garden and orangeries for the public because of it's cultural value.
    "Did you notice the sculpture of the swans by the house ? "he asked me
    "It's for the owners wife who died in 1999,at that time they had two black swans in the pond behind the house,when his wife passed away,one swan died in a week time.There's one left,representing the owner.
    The sculpture has a view over the pond into the forest in which trees were removed for the wide spread view."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"Togetherness was our life"is written on it

[​IMG]

2. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Not only lovely pictures, but a lovely story as well. thanks so much for sharing.

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    WOW that is inspriational and very touching and beautiful.

Thank you so much for sharing.

What a peaceful place.

Wish I lived in a peaceful place.

4. Quite house and grounds Hans. Loved the story that went with it. Thanks for sharing.

5. GeeJay

GeeJay

Jan 26, 2005
    Florida
    Hans,

I happened onto your story and pictures this evening and thoroughly enjoyed walking with you through your pictures.

I am in Florida and it's a treat to see the different architecture and the beautiful garden grounds.

It was thoughtful of you to share the story and the pictures with us and I thank you,

Gaye

6. Well done, Hans

Very enjoyable images, Hans - lovely gentle light and such a beautiful place. I really enjoyed both viewing these and reading the story. Thanks.

7. Beautiful pics, representing very well one of the many great Dutch "landhuizen", Hans.
    Me and my family are looking forward to our visit this summer.

8. NeilCam

NeilCam

Feb 21, 2005
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Re: Well done, Hans

Peter it so very well that all I can add is, thanks for the beautiful story and images Hans.

Neil

9. WOW Hans, thank you so much for sharing this wonderful series. Must be some really nice people to open their private residence to the public. :) :) :) :)

10. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Thank you all

shall go back once in may wonder how it looks like then

11. Thanks for this nice story, Hans! I love places which are connected with stories and history, especially if there's still someone who can tell it first-hand.