An illustrated story (HUGE,HUGE!!!!)

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by hans, Aug 7, 2005.

1. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Several weeks ago I had an appointment and drove by a sign to an old fortress named "Fort Sabina", today I went there again see what it was.
    Arrived there it was closed for public but a man came walking towards me as I was getting my photo gear in place
    "Are you professional?"he asked "No "I replied"just a hobby"
    He asked if I want to get in the fort he has an atelier there and has access to the fort.
    No need to tell you my answer so we went in
    This artist makes sculptures for i.e. Disneyland Paris Warner Bros movie world Germany,and The Efteling a very famous park in the Netherlands.
    First we got at the ground level,I should have bring my flash,so all the inside pics are on manual from ISO 200 to 800, then he brought me to his atelier.
    Here stood a "Gaper"it's an ancient sign for drugstores as we live in an shop that was a drugstore I asked him the price of it € 2000 he said
    Have to think about that.
    The artist has a serious back problem so couldn't stand or walk with me so I went alone exploring the surroundings.
    After I returned at his house he told me that the local government had sold the fort and he has to move with all of his sculptures and materials gathered for 15 years that he has worked there.
    He didn't find a suitable place yet but was hoping that he might before the end of the year
    Here are the pics,enjoy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The surroundings

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    What an absolute treasure you have come upon.

Your images are just beautiful.

Hope you will go back and continue with this quest.

Thank you

3. Wow, Hans,

These are great. What an interesting place, and an interesting story.

You did extremely well! Must have been a fun shoot for you.

And by the way, I personally can relate very well to the following inscription (it describes me quite well!):

[​IMG]

Best wishes,

David

4. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Thanks David and gale,it was an interesting afternoon

5. Way to go Hans, you really stumbled onto an opportunity and made the best of it. Nice image with good color saturation. Interesting story as well.

6. nice work Hans, great subject!

7. Great journal Hans!
    Just a question? Were the sheep part of the scenery or did they follow you everywhere... :lol:

8. saturnine

saturnine Guest

I really like #8 with the sheep. Really sets a mood for the photo and the colors are awesome.

9. Rob

Rob

Jul 28, 2005
    Truro, Cornwall, UK
  10. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Hi Hans....
    Fantastic images as always.

Especially like the one about me..."Art of being Useless" :)

Regards

RFC

11. heiko

heiko

May 15, 2005
    Israel
    You really stumbled over an interesting story and took some excellent pictures. My favorite is #8.