An image representing your locale

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Frits, May 14, 2005.

1. Gregory had a great idea in the "Roll Call" thread:
    I think we can all have some fun with this.
    If you don't mind Gregory, as not to get lost there, I'll start a new thread for it (be sure to repeat your great pic here, Greg).

OK, here is what my locale looks / feels like most of the year :) :) :

[​IMG]

2. jkamphof

jkamphof Guest

Ok, here's three, I can't choose only one. Korea has some interesting things to see, so here's a sample...

Temple roof in North-Eastern Korea (Gangwon-do province) during winter...(Sony 717 shot...sorry :wink: )
    large.

Warning sign outside the start of a major minefield within the South Korean DeMilitarised Zone (DMZ)....Ummm watch yer feet laddie!!
    large.

Lanterns for Buddha's Birthday 2005 (previously posted)...
    large.

Joel

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Frits,

Good shot. All that white, well done. Have to say the golf clubs are a riot. Practicing on snowballs ???

Thanks, good thread.

Guess I will have to go out shooting tomorrow. Sailboat race at the river tomorrow, some friends racing.

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Joel

Beautiful colors and structures.

Thank you for sharing.

5. This is definitely my world. Nothing better than being in my kayak, paddling around, taking pics. This is from one of the lagoons in the Toronto Islands, just south of the city.
    Beautiful spring day, S3Pro, 17-55/2.8.

6. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    It's the desert, and it's the city. Mostly flat, but some mountains stick up. It's Phoenix, AZ:
    [​IMG]
    (Next month I hope to change this to somewhere wetter!)

7. jkamphof

jkamphof Guest

Ohhh thats a gorgeous shot of lovely T.O Sandi. That's my next home come August so please continue to tempt me with these images.

Thanks also Gale for the kind words! Now lets see some of hot Florida!

Joel.

8. Joel, keep your eye on my pbase site, the first folders as they will contain all my new stuff. I want to do a walking tour of the city, shooting all the gargoyles on the old stone buildings. There are lots of them and are never noticed. I really love those colourful pictures, saw the earlier series. Those lanterns look magnificent!
    Once you land here, if you're up for it, I've got a second kayak if you want to tour around the harbour. Very stable and affords a totally different perspective of the city. If not, shoot from land over on the Islands.
    Chris, that landscape looks very unforgiving if one is lost! The B&W treatment accents this!

9. mcampos

mcampos

Apr 14, 2005
    Norwalk, CA
    I moved to sunny California (where it never rains) six month ago and this is what my locale looked like:

But to be fair most of the time you get this:

10. AndyWoodward

AndyWoodward Guest

Here's a couple from the North of England

These are both from the historical City of York.

First, a standard "tourist" shot of York Minster:

[​IMG]

Second, a shot of the Treasurer's House, just behind the Minster:

[​IMG]

I hope you like them :)

Andy

11. This is a repeat, but it's classic Washington D.C.

Rich

12. interesting stuff,
    This is where I live in sunny Santa Clarita California. It's a great place, but I am getting ready to retire soon and will be looking for a place in the Northwest, possibly Pugent Sound area. It just costs way too much for a house here.

original.

13. I live somewhere close to the top of the photo...

Departure Bay, Nanaimo, BC Canada

14. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

15. de rigeur :?:

Huh? :roll: :oops:

16. Tom_Kline

Tom_Kline

Apr 24, 2005
    Alaska
    Just prepped a pic taken on a research cruise in the Sound a couple days ago but there does not seem to be a way to get it off my desktop (a MAC) onto the site.
    Tom :cry:

17. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

18. Hi Paul,
    I never heard that word or expression before, just wondered what it meant.
    It's good to be exposed to new things.

Thanks

19. jkamphof

jkamphof Guest

20. gho

gho

Feb 7, 2005
    California
    Wow, thanks Frits! I'm honored!

There are so many awsome photos in this thread already. I'm jealous that so many people live in such beautiful areas. Chris even makes the Desert look awsome!

Well here's the one I posted in that thread - one of my favorite images:
    [​IMG]

Well, other than for Disneyland, Sunny Southern California is known for, well, it's sun... So I'll post a pic of some palm trees silhouetted among rolling mountains in our desert oasis:
    [​IMG]