An important 4/1 report (large pics at end) ...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chris101, Apr 1, 2005.

1. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    I'm ditching work today to go take pictures. Maybe I'll get a good one. Maybe even one from 'a different perspective'. But that's hard! Some people have said all the photos I do are weird, so how the heck can I define 'different' for me? Like this? :?

[​IMG]

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Cool picture Chris!! BTW, I don't think your pic's are weird. Different maybe, but not weird.... :lol:

Frank

3. I too think you have an eye for the creative and like you perspective. Keep it up.

4. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

5. Haha, I'll skip work to! Oh, wait I don't have a job. Technically I've been unemployed for a year. Plus I'm on accident vacation...haha!

6. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Chris stay "weird"I like them that way!!

7. Larry Gleason

Larry Gleason

Jan 26, 2005
    Work??? Wass that? Been raining here all day. That was good 2 or 4 naps.

Weird? I see it as a matter of style. Even better when it becomes a signature style. $$$$$$ :D

8. I like the clean composition, the vectors of the body and spread wings create a very dynamic image.

9. EVERYONE SEEMS TO HAVE TAKEN THE DAY OFF!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

hehehehehe............nice shot Chris!! :D :D :D :D

10. NeilCam

NeilCam

Feb 21, 2005
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Seeing I had most of the week off I thought I'd go to work today. Now THAT'S weird! :)

Neil

11. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    hahahahah Neil....April fools :>))

VR went shooting this afternoon for a bit. Kinda disappointed but got a few.

cheers

12. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Chris,

Thats a great job on that birdie. Don't do that anymore. IT IS ADDICTING !!!!!

13. I always enjoy your work, Cris! Very new and always has me thinkin. :D

14. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Chris,

Your picture posts are some that Leigh and I look forward to everyday. Your creativity and style is very nice. Keep up the good work, and btw, nice bird.

15. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Thank you all for the notes of support and encouragement. Yes, I realize that my style will have it's fans as well as those who think - 'my 2 year old could have done better!' But that's fine - I do what I do.

I spent the whole day riding around with my friend and wanna-be model Heather, looking for suitable locations for some 'different' portraiture. Here's a sampling:

At the car wash:
    [​IMG]

Sunbathing (finally it is warm!):
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here's a location I want to use next week in the morning:
    [​IMG]

Thanks for looking!

16. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

17. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Thanks Paul,

Yes! I just checked my mail, and the test chart stuff was there. I'll print it out, because I'm getting a neck ache from reading it on it's side. It looks very doable, something I could setup on my 4'X5' painting easel and check out all my lenses. Of course then I'd get lens lust like all the others, so maybe I'm better off in blissful ignorance? :? Seriously this'll be great for finding the best apertures and focal lengths for my various lenses. I already found out that if I stop my 35mm down, even a third of a stop, there are monumental improvements.

As for 'riding around' all day - that's my story and I'm sticking to it! :twisted: