An Inconvenient Truth

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by JD Photography, Mar 31, 2007.

1. JD Photography

JD Photography

Aug 4, 2006
    Boston
    An Inconvenient Truth (movie) inspired me to take this photo. I wasn't sure if photojournalism was the best place to post, but it seemed relative enough to post here.

[​IMG]

Believe it or not, this is Huntington Beach. I found housing community on a hill approaching Costa Mesa. Typically such communities have gated access, but I got lucky here. The thick black lines you see in the photo are from a fence I shot through. My goal here was to block the sun so it wouldn't blow out the photo, but still allow me to capture the hazy sunset.

I didn't do much PP...if you have any suggestions, please feel free to share and give feedback (positive or negative). Thanks for looking!

2. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Nice pic JD! I wouldn't have recognized this as costal California until you said so. But then California has always been right upfront about their energy usage. I love to shoot the oil-fired power plant in Carlsbad and the nuke at San Onofre.

3. Very cool with the fence, I like the way it blurs

4. Feels like your taking the pic from a train, something to do with the blurred fence.

5. Excellent image and quite creative.

6. Superb photograph JD...............!

Beautiful composition, lighting and I LIKE the fence in the extreme foreground!

Excellent stuff! :cool: :cool: :cool:

G

7. Excellent shot. The composition is dead-on and the color adds an ominous feeling to the photo. Really, really nice.

8. The two black bars are incredibly distracting without adding anything to the story. Nice shot otherwise.

9. In a nutshell, I think this was an interesting image that was utterly ruined by the horizontal and two vertical black blobs. Had this been a photo of historic significance, I'd save it, but as it is, in my opinion, it's not worth keeping.

10. agreed