An Inconvenient Truth

An Inconvenient Truth (movie) inspired me to take this photo. I wasn't sure if photojournalism was the best place to post, but it seemed relative enough to post here.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Believe it or not, this is Huntington Beach. I found housing community on a hill approaching Costa Mesa. Typically such communities have gated access, but I got lucky here. The thick black lines you see in the photo are from a fence I shot through. My goal here was to block the sun so it wouldn't blow out the photo, but still allow me to capture the hazy sunset.

I didn't do much PP...if you have any suggestions, please feel free to share and give feedback (positive or negative). Thanks for looking!

Real Name
Chris
Nice pic JD! I wouldn't have recognized this as costal California until you said so. But then California has always been right upfront about their energy usage. I love to shoot the oil-fired power plant in Carlsbad and the nuke at San Onofre.

R

Rick Waldroup

Excellent shot. The composition is dead-on and the color adds an ominous feeling to the photo. Really, really nice.

In a nutshell, I think this was an interesting image that was utterly ruined by the horizontal and two vertical black blobs. Had this been a photo of historic significance, I'd save it, but as it is, in my opinion, it's not worth keeping.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom