An old b&w favorite from my Canon days...

Smack dab between the Wolverines and the Spartans
Hmm, it feels weird to show one of my old Canon photos here ;) Another forum I visit asked for favorite b&w's and I dug up this one....my all-time favorite. Until recently it was the background on my computer screen, and I have a framed copy in my living room. Anyway, since I shared it there, I thought I'd share it here, too.

This was taken 3 years ago with my *#$%* Canon G1 (not a favorite camera!), on the last day of a wonderful vacation in the Outer Banks of North Carolina. It's one of those photos that, despite its technical flaws, holds a special place in my heart. Thanks for looking!

30180305_3cc112ebbe_o.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

It's a very nice picture, the only thing you should have done, would have been to get the full shadow of the peoples, but I like the way the picture is divided in third's, the land, the water and the sky.

I love to see kids and water....and the use of B&W here just makes it much better. Nicely done. (horizon is a bit crooked, but who cares. still a sweet shot of a little girl and her daddy, right?).

Sommer,

Very nice. I'm partial to this kind of picture.

Leigh,

If you straighten the horizon the figures will be leaning pretty far to the right. Kind of a mystery?

John

Nice image Sommer. I feel it could be improved by cutting off the left 1/3 of the image as well as some of the bald sky and straightening the horizon. Putting the people off center (by cropping the left 1/3) creates a little tension in the image where it is fairly static right now. Try it with a piece of paper and see if you don't like it even better. The interest in the photo is all in the right 2/3.

Smack dab between the Wolverines and the Spartans
Thanks for the comments, all! I don't understand what's going on with the horizon. I printed another 8x10 of it recently, and the horizon is just a hair crooked...nothing even close to the way it appears here. I guess it's a result of the resizing, but I don't know enough about that end of it to say for sure. Printed out though, it's an even better picture than it appears here :)

Latest threads

Top Bottom