An old one (1997) from Zion

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by sfoxjohn, Aug 7, 2005.

1. sfoxjohn

sfoxjohn

May 1, 2005
    Marlton, NJ
    This one drove me crazy in the darkroom a while back. So I thought I'd scan it today and see what happens. Now I know why I've switched to digital.

Southern Utah is incredible. Taken not long after a quick storm went by.

Gordon probably has a dozen like this.

[​IMG]

John

2. Hey John,

I like it a lot. I just calibrated my monitor and the colors are fantastic.

Thanks for posting.

3. I do know the exact place where you took this image. Very nice by the way. I just took one similar to this on Saturday while on my way to a paid shoot.

4. sfoxjohn

sfoxjohn

May 1, 2005
    Marlton, NJ
    Thanks Ty.

Thanks Gordon. This was not taken from the bridge though. If I lived in St. George I'd probably be there once a week. The last time I was there I think you could still drive everywhere (1999)

John

5. SRA

SRA

Jul 29, 2005
    Orem, Utah
    Lattitude, you achieved it in that shot. For brown Utah you made us look good, thanks.

6. sfoxjohn

sfoxjohn

May 1, 2005
    Marlton, NJ
    Thanks Scott.

Brown? Your self-deprecation is not warranted.

Your state advertises itself as color country and that has been my experience, even along the interstates, in the southern half. Maybe I am awestruck every time I am there, only because it is so different than southern New Jersey and the East in general. Interestingly. I found the scenery east of Logan much like our New England mountain scenery.

Now eastern Colorado - that's brown!

John