An old pic,

Been digging in the archives, applying new knowledge to old pics, really glad I always shot RAW from 2001.:smile:

original.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Mike
Nice Tom. At first glance I didn't care for the composition. Most people would have placed the mausoleum in the left side of the frame with the door opening into the image. After studying it further, I do like this comp. It really accents the texture and the sun's glow on the side of the building. And I love being led further into the cemetery in the distance. Nicely done!

Nice. Almost looks like HDR.

It does have that look, but I knew nothing of HDR when this was taken.

Tom, that's an impressive picture! Very nice, but a bit creepy early in the morning...

When we have fog, I make the 30 mile drive to Rosehill, often it is gone before I get there. But occasional I get lucky , then it is really creepy.

Nice Tom. At first glance I didn't care for the composition. Most people would have placed the mausoleum in the left side of the frame with the door opening into the image. After studying it further, I do like this comp. It really accents the texture and the sun's glow on the side of the building. And I love being led further into the cemetery in the distance. Nicely done!

I have had that same thought from others, but the front is very plain, with a road close by. My eye was drawn to the sunlight on the west side, and the texture, must learn to vary my angles.

Cool pic. I like the way you pp'd this. It has that Topaz and HDR look.

Thanks, it does have that look, but I have never even looked at topaz, the images seemed so false. So what I am saying about this one. :smile:

Tom,

Very nice light falling on the building, lovely sky. Shooting raw since 2001, impressive!

Thanks Chrs, the really good photographers shoot JPG, I make do with RAW, I guess it was TIFF in 01, then I remember doing an upgrade that gave the camera RAW capabilities. I still have nice computer backpack and I remember a surprised couple coming down a hiking trail and find me downloading my huge 256MB card. At $1000 a gig RAW and TIFF were costly to use.

Like it a lot Tom!

Thanks Steve.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom