An Old Truck for a Buddy....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Doug Barber, Nov 20, 2005.

1. Greetings:
    I thought I would post an old truck image I did for a buddy of mine...
    I know it's a little wierd for the (out of the camera) group. But what the heck.... hope you enjoy.

original.

Attached Files:

2. jjdesanto1

jjdesanto1

May 1, 2005
    Warwick, N.Y.
    John DeSanto
    That's a great image, Doug

It has a great amount of eye-appeal and kept my pupils wandering about for a good long time.

Congrats!

3. Doug...This is a unique picture but it must have meant something special to the owner of the truck to want a nice picture of it.

4. Powerful image.
    Dave

5. Jarrell

Jarrell

Feb 13, 2005
    Macon, Ga.
    Cool! I like it! Now.. how'd ya do it? :confused:
    Jarrell

6. Thanks everyone....

Thanks everyone....
    As I said in my first post... The image might not be the norm... but what the heck it was fun to do.
    Thanks again

7. Looks like a variation of a sketch action but may be way off. Excellent, however it was done. :smile:

8. Oh Diane you are sooooo close.

The processing of this image did include turning it into a sketch and then running a solid color layer over it and bringing the truck back out again. Then pasting back into the photo and blending the two of them back together. After that running a few filters and masking the images so you get a finished product.
    I know Jarrell asked how I did it and its not that I need to keep the process a secret or something. Its just way to complicated to articulate via the net without making a full-blown tutorial and that just takes to much time.
    Sorry if it sounds like I'm passing the buck hear... but it's really just playing around and I probably could not duplicate it even if I wanted to.... lol

9. PJohnP

PJohnP

Feb 5, 2005
    Doug :

Actually, I really really like this shot, and I'm currently in the "out-of-the-camera" group of shooters. Being in that group doesn't mean that I dislike PS'd shots, just that I'm not doing that (currently).

And, with respect your processing steps, you could very possibly gain some dollars for developing a shareware action for this process. I think that it's unique, extremely attractive in results, and could be quite saleable.

Very very nice photo. Kudos to you.

John "Out-of-the-Camera" P. :wink:

10. Great work...just beautiful :smile:

11. Well "John - Out of the camera - P" .....lol

I'm glad that you liked the image. I know it is very easy to take PS and work an image so hard that it does not even resemble a photo anymore. so with this one I tried to bridge the gap between a photo and a painting. i'm not sure I made it work but I think i'm getting close.
    Thanks again for commenting and looking in.

12. Thanks Mike for looking in and commenting.....

13. K-loader

K-loader

May 31, 2005
    Maryland, USA
    Wow, what a neat image Doug. Very nice work...thanks for posting.

14. GeeJay

GeeJay

Jan 26, 2005
    Florida
    Doug,

The picture sure tells a story and the truck has a story to tell. It talks to me and I enjoy looking at it. Definitely 'magic' you put into your pictures.

Thanks,

Gaye

Did you sign it and hide it in the bushes?

15. You continue to amaze Doug. Nice image for sure.

16. Thanks everyone for your reply's to my post...
    As I said before this image might not be for everyone... I just thought the project was worth posting as i'm quit happy with the results I got.
    Thanks again

17. heiko

heiko

May 15, 2005
    Israel
    Well, that's a really good picture you got there. It reminds me of the hand-colored b/w pictures that were sold a hundred years ago or so - very befitting the motif. Some great work you could turn into money.

18. I love the treatment of this photo, really brings out the mood.