An Osprey Saturday

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Louis Champan, Jul 2, 2007.

1. This past Saturday couldn't have gotten much better, spent a good share of the day with a good friend Jim Thiel, the sun was out and the Ospreys and Eagles were putting on quite a show for us. It's not often that you get to see the the fishing activities of Osprey right out in front of you, with eagles in hot pursuit whenever an Opsrey would snatch a fish from the lake.
    The eagles were relentless in thier pursuit of Ospreys and seagulls when either would snag a fish. Here are a few of the shots that I got while watching all of this activity.

Overhead searching for that fish.
    original.

Now it looks like he's got one spotted.
    original.

original.

original.

original.

original.

original.

Now the eagles are in hot pursuit of the Osprey.
    original.

And the eagle is successful in getting the Osprey to drop the fish and then retrive it.
    original.

Louie

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2007
  2. amazing Louie

3. Excellant.. . looks like you got the early morning sun just right. . . .the question is; is this feeding activity because of the spawning of a specific fish (as I was told) the therefore short lived, or, is this something that might be seen for some time?

4. Louie, just an outstanding series. That day was so good. I have never seen anything like it and to think it happened right in front of us. I wish we could bottle it up it was so great. Were the fish grabbing shots with the 300?

I went with Janice to the osprey nest in the morning. Did not take my camera with me but should have. The feeding activity there was great as mom was posed perfect for the feeding.

5. Great shots Louie. Exposure is perfect!

Anthony

6. Thanks Anthony. We had one of those days here in the PNW, sun was to our backs.

Louie

7. Wonderful series Louman. Love the fishing sequence. Still looking for a good one for myself. It's hard driving that boat and shooting at the same time. LOL.

8. Awesome shots as usual Louie! These were from the Lake Washington shoot? Where on LW is this mecca for ospreys and eagles?

Man, these are stunning!

9. Great series Louie

10. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Outstanding Louie
    That is a Juvinnile Eagle at that.
    Suprised the Osprey dropped the fish

Beautiful images

11. DNAsiRNA

DNAsiRNA

Nov 27, 2006
    Dallas, USA
    Fabulous captures.

12. Thanks Randy. Saturday was a very good day.

13. Thanks Gale. Yes there were juvinile and adults in the area, really putting on a show for Jim and I.

14. a ton of great shots!! Nicely done!!!

15. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Beautiful Day and shots to go with it !!!

16. Thanks Ben, it was a gorgeous day in all respects.

Louie

17. Thanks Andreas. This was one of those special days that's for sure.

18. Thanks

19. Thanks Gary, I appreciate your commenting.

20. Peter, thanks I appreciate your kind words. We'll have to get together and go shooting.