An unknown error occurred.

Brand spanking new Z5. Plug it in, go to import into Lightroom and boom, 90% for some reason fail with:

Some import operations were not performed.
An unknown error occurred. (69)

1599722545474.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Some neat test shots I'd like to get at. I've restarted both. Tried as DNG. Tried a different USB cable. Google hits are slim to none for some reason.

Thanks for input!
- Ernst

Last edited:
Welcome to the cafe. Sorry you are having issues.
When this happens to me, and it has, it is usually a formatting issue with the card or the reader. I doubt there is anything wrong with your camera- but testing will soon tell.
Not sure why you have duplicate files.
A couple of basic things to try:
Can you see the images on the camera? Put the card back in the camera and try. I assume you chimped and saw images while you were shooting?
How was the card formatted? Should be formatted in camera. Is this a new card? Bad cards do happen.
Try a different card, formatted in camera.
Try a different card reader.
Let us know what you find. Good luck with your new camera.
Gary

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
OK lots of great thoughts here.

I have the camera set to use the cards as redundancy (1+2) so perhaps Lightroom is reading off both cards and that's why I'm seeing duplicate attempts?
Chimping - awesome term and new to me. I usually disable auto-preview and only check once in a while. That said, I can see all the photos on the camera with either card or both cards installed.
Both cards are Sandisk Extreme Pro 64 GB from my old D7100. I formatted them in the Z5 before using.
I tried reading them with a little USB2.0 reader I have as well as copied them to a local drive, still no joy. File sizes look appropriate 26-30 MB.

Downloaded the newest DNG-converter from Nikon. I'm really hesitant to use DNG as it's proprietary and if I ever change software I could run into trouble. I 99.9% want to stick with NEF. That said... still problems!
1599887245988.png

I'm running the latest - Lightroom Classic 9.4.

I've also tried just using one card, reformatting in camera. Still same unknown error. =(

ES

Last edited:
As mentions you need to find which is causing the problem, via reader- via camera- editing suite. The first two I would download onto seperate files and check. If ok then it is the editing suite so delete it and reinstall. if it continues then use a different one and try that instead

We're number 1! We're number 1!

More investigating into the comments of this post show that folks with the FTZ adapter and many non-Nikon lenses or older Nikon lenses (but still electronic) have the same issue.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/phot...pport-nikkor-16mm-f2-8d-with-nikon-z5-and-ftz

The official reply from Adobe is: "I just wanted to let you know that we are aware of this issue. A bug has been filed and engineering is investigating."

But some folks are saying that Capture One can't open them as well so it's unclear where who needs to fix this. *sigh*

Last edited:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom