And I will follow ...

JC

Service Photo in Baltimore sent it to me yesterday 2d Day UPS, but it arrived in Vegas today! I'd been carrying a lens, compact flash card and fully charged battery to the office so I could ramp it up right away. Still have work this week, and it's dark when I get out, so I'll have to wait for the weekend. But being able to switch to the High Speed Crop mode with just the press of a button is very sweet. And the ability to crop 12 MP means my lenses effectively just got longer.

Joel

JC,

You tricked me.... :wink:

I clicked on your link expecting to see more magic pics. I was so disappointed.... 8)

Show us some shots as soon as you can. :p

Frank

JC

Sorry, Frank, I'm stuck here in my office this week. The only wildlife I see here is along Las Vegas Boulevard (north of the Strip) as people go into the innumerable wedding chapels and bail bonds dealers. I hope to really use it this weekend, but showers are forecast. (Hey, I moved to Vegas for the supposedly dry climate; but it has rained and rained. I guess the bright side is that if it keeps raining in California, I might have some beach-front property. :wink: )

Joel

JC

OK, Frank and Rich, this is what I get to see during the week (taken with the D2x). This is across Las Vegas Boulevard from our building. As I said, bail bonds and a wedding chapel. But the sandwich shop is really, really good. At least when I drive home, I get to watch the sun set behind the western mountains.

16813092-M.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

NEF converted to TIFF in NC without any changes; resized for the web; and minimal sharpening. D2x photos, even with "None" for sharpening, look fairly sharp. Like high couture right off the rack.

As Gordon knows, the best thing about Las Vegas is that it's less than two hours from Utah.

Joel

Hey Joel, congratulations on your new addition. Will be expecting some great things from you. Being close to Las Vegas has it's good and bad side and this weekend after five break-ins downtown four of your citizens were arrested by the St. George police. Of course on the good side it is easy for me to slip over there for some shopping and fun.

JC said:
OK, Frank and Rich, this is what I get to see during the week (taken with the D2x). This is across Las Vegas Boulevard from our building. As I said, bail bonds and a wedding chapel. But the sandwich shop is really, really good. At least when I drive home, I get to watch the sun set behind the western mountains.

16813092-M.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

NEF converted to TIFF in NC without any changes; resized for the web; and minimal sharpening. D2x photos, even with "None" for sharpening, look fairly sharp. Like high couture right off the rack.

As Gordon knows, the best thing about Las Vegas is that it's less than two hours from Utah.

Joel

Hi Joel,

This looks really nice. Not the bail bond place of course!!! but the picture itself. The clouds really come through and the picture looks real. Not like other cameras.

Nice job

Melissa

Latest threads

Top Bottom