And My top 5 images for discussion

With all the discussions about this I hope I posted it correctly. If not please change where it belongs or tell me so I can correct it.

1. Bald Eagle
I had heard of a nesting pair of bald eagles at Shiloh national Park, Tennessee. On a whim I packed up and drove 2 hours to the nesting site. As I pulled into the area I can see they had the site surrounded by a rail fence and a parking area off to the side. No sooner had I parked and got out of the truck I turned and saw a bald Eagle coming towards me dragging a large stick. It barely cleared the other cars and immediately started climbing to the top of the big pine tree where the nest was. It made 2 tries to make it there with the stick. By the time I had everything set up it appeared as though it was going to be quiet for quite some time. I was the only one on that side of the nest with an open field in front of me looking towards the river when this Eagle came flying back to the nest no more than 5 feet off the ground. this shot is close to the last in my buffer. It was a 2 Hour Drive there, a 2 hour wait, and 2 hours back. A long day but well worth it.
Nikon D7100, 200 – 500 at 360, 1/3250 f7.1, ISO 250
2018Mar31-1307_23 A web.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. Canadian goose
I had found a medium-size pond last spring with a fair number of wild geese coming by every morning. Position myself in a corner and right on time they showed up. This time I have a faster camera than a unlimited buffer.
Nikon D 500 with 200-500 at 370mm 1/2000' f/5.6 ISO 800,
2019Jul27-194602_1 web.jpg

3.American bullfrog
I was at a small farm pond that had a tremendous population of frogs. They were all small and all very skittish. I found a dry area to lay down and hopefully wait for something to go my way. This particular frog just popped up right in front of me. He stayed there long enough for me to get several shots and then just sank back on the water. There was considerable postprocessing with this photo as there was a lot of airborne dust and trash that had landed in the water.
Nikon D 7100 with 200 – 500mm, ISO 1600,1/1000, f/6.3
Bull frog-Rana catesbeiana web.jpg

4. Variegated Fritillary butterfly
October was a good time to be taking photos of butterflies in central Tennessee. The purple iron weed was in full bloom so the targets were plenty.
Nikon D7100, 85mm, f/9, 1/3200 ISO 1000
gg0_4796-adj.jpg

5. white clover with the morning dew
Nikon D 500, 150 mm, ISO 100, f/32, 1/250
MAC_0012 web.jpg

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Have not seen your butterfly shot before, or the clover shot. So glad I saw these shots too.

Last edited:

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Greg, I copied your post and moved it to the stuck thread of Mitchell. Sit back, relax, you are good to go.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom