...and she hasn't asked for anything yet!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gbenic, Jul 30, 2007.

1. This evening my daughter, Kimberly, asked what my favorite time of the day is. She informed me that when I get home from work and she gets to spend time with me is hers. To top it all off, after dinner she mentioned that she missed doing the grocery shopping with me. I thought she was looking for something, but she never asked. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

2. That IS cool!

Mike

3. Schnauzermom

Schnauzermom

Apr 13, 2007
    Michigan
    Either you're very lucky, or she's saving up for something really big. LOL!

4. Way cool--despite the warm fuzzies! Mine loves to cook with me and enjoys coming out on a shoot.

5. So, as I hugged her goodnight, I mentioned that spending the evening with her and giving her a hug was my favorite time of the day.

Yeah. Cool. Sometimes I LOVE being a Dad!

6. Very much so!

She may be saving up, but I am very lucky!

That is wonderful. Spend as much time as you can with her.

7. Very cool Greg. I used to spend my evenings with my dad in the garden or in the back yard listening to baseball games on the radio. He passed away in January and I miss him. He was a brilliant man who loved to do the newspaper word searches and the daily 'Jumble' in red ink!! :biggrin:

8. Sorry about your Dad. Take it from a father, he cherished every moment with you.

9. Oh you poor poor man. She has you totally hood winked. Yer already had and you dont even know it. What a way to be had. Enjoy it while it lasts. The teen years come and then yer public enemy # 1.

10. Mine's 19 (going on 27!), yours?

11. Ya know, my wife keeps telling me that Kimberly has me wrapped around her little finger. She probably does!

Kimberly just turned 14 this month. It is an interesting age, to say the least.

12. cknight

cknight

May 2, 2005
    Madison, AL
    She's trying to butter you up for when she turns 16 and wants a car.
    She's just starting early.:biggrin:

13. "She's trying to butter you up for when she turns 16 and wants a car.
    She's just starting early"

Maybe she just really loves spending that special time with you....!

14. TheBear

TheBear Guest

Kids are smart... I don't trust them (kids) But they've got this inate ability to make you feel good with random hugs and kisses....

I already see the wheels turning in my 2 year old son. Snapping pictures with an older camera... I also let him "take the picture" a shot is setup...

Enjoy it... it makes the headaches easier to deal with (I think)

15. sunchung

sunchung

Jun 12, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    That is awesome. Just starting out the whole dad thing, but I'm also pretty sure my daughter has me wrapped around her finger.

16. Ahhh yes...

For you fledgling fathers (and mothers but more so fathers), you're being wrapped around the little finger before they are even able to talk! I've only got an 8yo boy and 6yo daughter, but boy 'o boy! Fun times, great times, trying times, they're all awsome times!

17. tommyc

tommyc

May 2, 2006
    Georgia
    I'm not afraid to admit that I've been wrapped around my daughters finger since the day she was born. Her Doctor in the NICU told me that they are great manipulators, watch out. She's almost three and just started giving me that cutesy 'Daddy I Love You' line whenever she's getting into trouble.