And so the fun begins

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Yvette, May 6, 2007.

1. Yvette

Yvette

Jan 3, 2007
    Texas
    Taken with my new 105 VR.

As I am new to taking macro shots I would welcome any constructive criticism.:biggrin:

Dragonfly.

2. I really like the wings.

I'm new to macro, too, and find it a challenge to find the best depth of field. I usually end up capturing pictures with a variety of apertures and hope for one or two that work out well.

It would be even harder to do that with an insect that can fly away. It's very nice. I need to find some insects.

Thanks for sharing...

3. Mart61

Mart61

Dec 23, 2006
    Camberley, UK
    Great shot Yvette. I saw one of these in my garden yesterday and did I have my camera to hand? No!

4. Nice shot Yvette, not easy to get insects to sit still and pose, especially dragon/damsel flies. Your focusing on this one is interesting because you got the face and the wings which is not always easy and generally it shows off the insect (as a whole) quite well.

5. Yvette

Yvette

Jan 3, 2007
    Texas
    Thank you. I am also playing around with the aperture trying to get the right depth of field. I guess eventually I will know exactly what aperture will produce what effect.

Gotta keep that camera ready.......:smile:

Thank you. Actually it wasn't that hard to get the shot because he kept flying off then coming back to the same spot. Did this for about 10 minutes. And to make it even easier.......there were two of them. I feel like I want my macro shots to be a little different from the norm. I guess a predictable shot would be to show the whole body side on. I was just intrigued by the face of the dragonfly and I wanted to put emphasis on that. It looks like it has big lips.