And yet even more Dragons...

Went out this A.M. to a different spot than I usually go for dragons. Came back with a few...

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

3. Twelve Spotted Skimmer

4. Twelve Spotted Skimmer

5. You look'n at me?!

6. Blue Dasher

8. California Darner in flight.... I know it's not too good but it was worth a try.

9. Crash landing....

Hi Paul!

You obviously have wonderful places there to see different species... And you have handled the situation pretty fast and pretty darn nice: like #3... how much better shot of a Twelve Spotted Skimmer you can have than that... (no need to aswer, really :smile:)

Excellent work Paul. You sure see a lot of different species. Your pics also show how different an invironment they chose to rest. Do you have an ID for that newly developed green one in #7.

Looks as if you found a good spot. I especially like 3,4, and 5, although all are nice. Thanks for sharing them.
Tom,
The spot I tried today will take a bit more time and patience. The dragons are there but they don't seem to want to roost. The only one who really cooperated was the Twelve Spotted Skimmer, I was able to take my time and pick the shot.

The #5 shot was interesting, there was a gravel pile behind me and when I turned around this little guy was staring at me, as if challenging me. I was able to get 3 frames before he took off. This is the best of them.

Hi Paul!

You obviously have wonderful places there to see different species... And you have handled the situation pretty fast and pretty darn nice: like #3... how much better shot of a Twelve Spotted Skimmer you can have than that... (no need to aswer, really :smile:)
Jukka,
We have several ponds and gravel pits, as well as several rivers. I have only worked 2 of the spots, the place I was at today, which is a wetlands preserve, and a set of small lakes about 4 miles from my house.

I know there are at least 2 or 3 species that I have yet to get at the small lakes... but I'll get'em sooner or later. Not sure how many species there are around here, but there are quite a few.

Thanks for the compliment....

Excellent work Paul. You sure see a lot of different species. Your pics also show how different an invironment they chose to rest. Do you have an ID for that newly developed green one in #7.
Thanks Torben,
I never realized how many species there were around here until I started them.

I have not identified the green one in #7. I am going to have to dig a bit deeper.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom