Andean Cock-of-the-Rock

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Eduardoo, Jul 2, 2007.

1. I finally have a decent picture of this elusive bird. Generally the Cock-of-the-Rock stays visible until 6,30 or 7 am at most. This one for some reason decided to stay longer, when better light was available.

Nikon D80, 200-400mm at f/4, 1/20sec, ISO 800

Regards,

Eduardo.

2. Bolts

Bolts

May 7, 2007
    Tampa, Florida
    Nice shot! That is one seriously red bird.

3. Now there is a bird that any camera should be capable of aquiring AF on!! Gorgeious shot.

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Wow what a bird:>))
    Nice shot

5. With color like That where can it hide? :QuestionM

That is a great capture Eduardo

6. Sweet shot. Can almost hear that red color sizzling through my screen. Definitely a tough exposure, good job.

7. RAURICK

RAURICK Guest

Very cool shot!

8. Glacier

Glacier

Jan 17, 2006
    Boaz, Alabama
    Wow what colors! Gorgeous image!

9. Great catch!!! Nice Image, thanks for persevering and showing to us!!!!

10. Thanks for all your kind comments. The amazing thing with this bird is not only its shape and colors, but the extremely loud noise it produces in the lek (the site where they show-off to females in the morning). Really one wonders how it can avoid detection with such a display of color, noise and movement.

Regards,

Eduardo.

11. Beautiful shot Eduardo.

We have the tiny Vermillion Flycatcher here in Texas that is so red, it becomes a challenge NOT to blow the red channel - everything looks good until you see the individual RGB spectra and the red is invariably stuck to the RHS....

12. Besides the color pretty good looking set of talons. Nice captur
    Lou

13. 81594883.

The beautiful Vermilion Flycatcher, called “Pájaro Brujo” in Ecuador (Wizard Bird) brings good look (probably a marriage) when you see it. :wink:

Regards,

Eduardo.

Edited to add: Wrong size or wrong resolution because the original picture is good.

14. DO NOT TELL MY WIFE!!!

Here's one of my shots

VFC-at-rest_3191.

15. Very nice picture, it is amazing that being so far away they are exactly the same species. Usually in Ecuador a few miles away is all that is needed to produce a slightly different species.

Nice shot.

Eduardo.