Andrea

Discussion in 'People' started by greyflash, Aug 30, 2005.

1. Andrea is one of four daughters of a doctor that lives near me. I took their family photo and afterwords captured a few images of the four girls individually. I tried to capture their personality and Andrea is the serious one of the group. To me she looks almost regal in this image.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2005
  2. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Very pretty girl.. To bad she doesn't like to smile :mad:

3. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    She is a very lovely girl Gordon....you've captured a very serious lady here. Her eyes have a deep conversation going that makes me want to participate, but feel I came late to the party. Well done! One minor personal nit (I wish the girls these days would wear a bit darker lipstick when having their pictures taken. she has a lovely mouth, but the light color on her lips makes them all but disappear.) I know it's the trend, but it doesn't lend well to photographs. Just my observation and not a reflection on your awesome skills as a photographer.

4. JeffKohn

JeffKohn

Apr 21, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Nice shot Gordon. Seems like all your friends/neighbors have attractive daughters. ;)

It's even worse if you try to convert to B/W. At least in color you have the difference in hue.

5. Gordon,
    This is a beautiful shot of a beautiful and proud woman. Well done!

Was this taken with the beast? If so, what f stop did you use?

I also wonder if a tighter crop would add a little more drama to this portrait. You have the classic dimensions here, but I wonder how it would look if you cropped down the upper right corner.

mitch

6. Hi Dave, Leigh, Jeff and Mitch. Each one of you have shared some very nice comments and helpful hints and I appreciate that.

Dave - Actually I asked her not to smile for this picture but I do have some smiley ones. :smile:

Leigh - Your right about the lipstick, perhaps I should hire a make up person to assist me. :biggrin:

Jeff - I hear you about the pretty daughters. Wait until you see the other three. :wink:

Mitch - I don't own the beast but do have the very fine 17-55mm and 70-200mm. This image was taken with the latter. :tongue:

7. WOW she is stunning nice shot lets see a little less serious shot

8. Gordon;

Another beautiful model. And, as usual, all the technical stuff is right on the money. Very well done.

9. Hey Mike and Brian,

Really appreciate you taking the time to look and to comment. Mike, I am still processing images from this family photo shoot so I may post a smiley image later.

10. nice image of a beautiful young woman. Well done.

11. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Yeah, beautiful - girl AND photograph. Looks like you got good cooperation with the background on this one. I like the bokied arches over her head.

12. Skillful portrait, Gordon. And yes, a gorgeous (and regal) young woman. Everything works in this shot, imho, including the pose and demeanor.

Please post more!

Best wishes,

David

13. She is a very beautiful woman, Gordon. I have to commend your great job on capturing her beautiful eyes.

14. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Hi Gordon,

The portrait is very nicely done and I agree with the comments from the others...the lipstick shade could have been a few shades darker. I was curious if the white shirt hindered the facial tones due to reflection. I was thinking the some shade of light brown or tan would stabilize her facial tones. Just a questions so we all can learn for the future.

P.S. Take another image of her smiling!!! She's beautiful!!!

15. Harris, Chris, David, Nick and Frank,

I really appreciate your kind comments and helpful suggestions. Andrea is the oldest of the four sisters and the others are equally as pretty. After I have posted all of the girls I will include the mother and dad.

Frank, I would have never suggested the white tops as it is extremely hard to hold detail and still get good exposure on the faces. The family just showed up with the white tops on and I had little choice. I much prefer earth tones.

16. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

17. Following on from other comments, I do agree that the white top definitely introduced a real challenge in this shot. You did splendidly in handling exposure, Gordon.

As for the lipstick shade, I kind of like the pale tone here. Wouldn't mind a closer inspection actually. :smile:

Best wishes,

David

18. David, I got a reall good laugh about your last comment. Thanks. :biggrin:

19. Her face is very luminous, the exposure is perfect and the colors quite saturated.