Andrew High School

I captured this image of one of the local high schools last night.

Andrew High School, Tinley Park, Illinois
2020-06-07 random-6bw copy.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thanks for looking...
Glenn

Very nice composition. Did you by any chance close in on the windows to make some abstract photos?
Thanks Mike...no, this was the only image I captured of the building last night. I was driving be and noticed that the building wasn't back lit...as it is nearly all year except when the sun is positioned in the northernmost portion of the sky as it is now (closer to June 21st). I had only a few minutes before the light was gone.

I plan to return as there were some very interesting graduation signs around the building that were placed there for the drive thru graduation...a sign of the times with COVID.

Glenn

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Wonderful image, and small world, I think I worked as a judge at a festival a few years ago with their director of bands. He has an outstanding band program at that school. Known throughout the state of Ill. I know of the program by reputation.

great lines and use of shapes on this image Glenn, the framing, and texture differences (water, bricks, hedge, sky). Gives a nice symmetry.

Circle, triangle, rectangles and squares—and a few other shapes for posterity! Nice catch.
Thanks Nick...now that you mention it, there are a variety of shapes included in this frame. I tend to like geometric images!
Wonderful image, and small world, I think I worked as a judge at a festival a few years ago with their director of bands. He has an outstanding band program at that school. Known throughout the state of Ill. I know of the program by reputation.

great lines and use of shapes on this image Glenn, the framing, and texture differences (water, bricks, hedge, sky). Gives a nice symmetry.
Thank you, Wade

Carl Sandburg High School of Orland Park is closer to my home. I don't follow Andrew High School very closely and didn't realize that the band program was so strong.

As a high school student, I played in all of the bands (concert, marching, jazz) at Harold Richards High School in Oak Lawn...which isn't far from here either.

Glenn

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Thanks Nick...now that you mention it, there are a variety of shapes included in this frame. I tend to like geometric images!

Thank you, Wade

Carl Sandburg High School of Orland Park is closer to my home. I don't follow Andrew High School very closely and didn't realize that the band program was so strong.

As a high school student, I played in all of the bands (concert, marching, jazz) at Harold Richards High School in Oak Lawn...which isn't far from here either.

Glenn

That whole area of Chicago, is an area of noted strong arts programs. Was not aware of your life as a member of an ensemble program. Interesting. I am out and about judging and adjudicating less and less, so my knowledge of instrumental
groups throughout the midwest now compared to 5-10 years ago is greatly diminished. Do I sense a public school architecture Project soon?

That whole area of Chicago, is an area of noted strong arts programs. Was not aware of your life as a member of an ensemble program. Interesting. I am out and about judging and adjudicating less and less, so my knowledge of instrumental
groups throughout the midwest now compared to 5-10 years ago is greatly diminished. Do I sense a public school architecture Project soon?
It's been a long time since I played, but I have fond memories of the 10 plus years of being in bands. A public school architecture project sounds interesting!
An excellent symmetrical composition, Glenn!
Beautiful work.
Thank you, Bart!

Glenn

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom