AndyMcD 2016 12 Month Project - December Pics Added 01 Jan 2017

Slow month this month - not sure why, probably a lot going on with the takeover at work - things are a bit more settled at last now.

1)
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Colwick Park by Andy McDonald, on Flickr
Had a morning off work to drop my mother off at the railway station and had some time afterwards. So I swung past one of our favourite dog walks (sans dog) and spent some time trying to get to know my new lenses. This is with the Nikon 20/3.5UD - it is very wide but I think it is going to work out well for me (plus it is built like a tank).

2)

Vale of Belvoir by Andy McDonald, on Flickr
This was taken near Grantham Canal. It was quite a bright day but lots of cloud - somehow this scene almost appeared like an inversion (dark sky and light field) and I thought it would look good in black and white. Taken with Nikon 50/1.4AIS.

3)

Gaze by Andy McDonald, on Flickr
Another with the 50/1.4AIS. This is semi-posed - I saw the patch of light (and if you look closely you can see the rest of the family and the dog in there) and thought that this might make an interesting, thoughtful kind of picture. I processed this as Tri-X in Silver Efex to give a grittier feel.
Very nice Andy. I like all three, but I like the second one the best. Like Gordo said, nice processing.

Eclectic mix this month, lots going on at work so not as much photo-time as I'd like...

1)

Friday Night by Andy McDonald, on Flickr
Haven't done a "still life" type picture for a while, I had an evening on my own and thought this might be a good black and white.

2)

Trees, Rufford by Andy McDonald, on Flickr
I wanted to try to capture the light entering this scene. Not sure that I managed it, but I quite like how this one has turned out.

3)

Sunday Afternoon by Andy McDonald, on Flickr
I've been after this picture for a while - it is lucky that everything came together when it did (weather, a match going on, dog walk taking us past and me actually having a camera with me).

All three are with my X-T1 and Nikon 50/1.4AIS.

I have a "new" Nikon 20/3.5UD and Tamron 90/2.5SP (52B) to play with now - maybe something from one or other of those next month.
great set good to see you are looking after your self with a cold beer

Slow month this month - not sure why, probably a lot going on with the takeover at work - things are a bit more settled at last now.

1)

Colwick Park by Andy McDonald, on Flickr
Had a morning off work to drop my mother off at the railway station and had some time afterwards. So I swung past one of our favourite dog walks (sans dog) and spent some time trying to get to know my new lenses. This is with the Nikon 20/3.5UD - it is very wide but I think it is going to work out well for me (plus it is built like a tank).

2)

This was taken near Grantham Canal. It was quite a bright day but lots of cloud - somehow this scene almost appeared like an inversion (dark sky and light field) and I thought it would look good in black and white. Taken with Nikon 50/1.4AIS.

3)

Gaze by Andy McDonald, on Flickr
Another with the 50/1.4AIS. This is semi-posed - I saw the patch of light (and if you look closely you can see the rest of the family and the dog in there) and thought that this might make an interesting, thoughtful kind of picture. I processed this as Tri-X in Silver Efex to give a grittier feel.
really like the image of the field here, nice capture

Mixture this month.

1)

Victoria Embankment, Nottingham by Andy McDonald, on Flickr
This was some volunteers from Nottingham Sea Cadets walking to the Remembrance Parade on a beautiful autumnal morning

2)

Field, Keyworth by Andy McDonald, on Flickr
Saw this whilst out waling in a nearby village - had to use the 20/3.5 to do justice to the scene

3)

Scotland Badge by Andy McDonald, on Flickr
Given that I am posing on St Andrew's Night, this seemed appropriate....

Mixture this month.

1)

Victoria Embankment, Nottingham by Andy McDonald, on Flickr
This was some volunteers from Nottingham Sea Cadets walking to the Remembrance Parade on a beautiful autumnal morning

2)

Field, Keyworth by Andy McDonald, on Flickr
Saw this whilst out waling in a nearby village - had to use the 20/3.5 to do justice to the scene

3)

Scotland Badge by Andy McDonald, on Flickr
Given that I am posing on St Andrew's Night, this seemed appropriate....
Very nice setvAndy. The first one is my favorite. It really catches my eye. I love the sense of depth. Well done.

Like the first one best as well Andy. As Larry said, good depth and I like the comp.

Here are my final three pictures for 2016...

1)

I have often tried to get a decent picture of the view across the Vale of Belvoir - I think that the lighting on this one helped a bit.

2)

Under a Belvoir Sky by Andy McDonald, on Flickr
This was taken at the same time as #1 but in the opposite direction.
Both #1 and #2 were taken with Fuji X-T1 and Nikon 50/1.4AIS

3)

What now? by Andy McDonald, on Flickr
I couldn't resist closing out with a picture of the dog - she is continuing to gain confidence and now sits on the sofa with us. This is one of her daytime beds.
Taken with Fuji X-T1 and Nikon 20/3.5UD

I've really enjoyed the 12 month project this year, both creating mine and seeing what everyone comes up with. I do want to do something in 2017 but I want to get a bit more focused in terms of the subject matter...

Happy new year to you all, and I look forward to seeing what 2017 brings us.

Here are my final three pictures for 2016...

1)

I have often tried to get a decent picture of the view across the Vale of Belvoir - I think that the lighting on this one helped a bit.

2)

Under a Belvoir Sky by Andy McDonald, on Flickr
This was taken at the same time as #1 but in the opposite direction.
Both #1 and #2 were taken with Fuji X-T1 and Nikon 50/1.4AIS

3)

What now? by Andy McDonald, on Flickr
I couldn't resist closing out with a picture of the dog - she is continuing to gain confidence and now sits on the sofa with us. This is one of her daytime beds.
Taken with Fuji X-T1 and Nikon 20/3.5UD

I've really enjoyed the 12 month project this year, both creating mine and seeing what everyone comes up with. I do want to do something in 2017 but I want to get a bit more focused in terms of the subject matter...

Happy new year to you all, and I look forward to seeing what 2017 brings us.
Very nice finish Andy. I really like the landscapes. You had a great year with great images. Thanks for being here. Have a great 2017. Happy New Year.

Nice set Andy. I really like the second landscape. Love the shot of your dog - nice perspective.

See ya 'round in 2017.

Very nice finish Andy. I really like the landscapes. You had a great year with great images. Thanks for being here. Have a great 2017. Happy New Year.
Thanks Larry, hope you have a great 2017 as well.
Nice set Andy. I really like the second landscape. Love the shot of your dog - nice perspective.

See ya 'round in 2017.
Thanks Gordon. I liked the dog picture too - the flippy X-T1 screen and the Nikon 20/3.5 worked well for that one. I'm impressed with how usable the 20mm is close in - much better than the Vivitar 19/3.8 that I had been using. Just trying to come up with a theme for 2017 now...:confused:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom