Angel Light

I decided to play with off camera flash and this was the result. Used a single SB-800 flash in remote, commanded by the built-in flash on my D300. Lens was a Nikon 80-200 f2.8 D. It also had a vivitar 2X teleconverter mounted because I was trying to photograph a Blue Heron that had landed in my pond. The teleconverter is old, and required me to do everything (exposure, focus,) manually. The bird didn't cooperate, so I decided to start playing with my wife's nic-nacs. I should have removed the teleconverter, but got so caught up in photographing that I forgot.
I used Nikon's CLS and set my flash to -2 stops on the commander screen. Even with the teleconverter and everything on manual, the CLS still worked amazingly well. The flash was above high and to the left.

1. Single Angel
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. Two Angels
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

As always, comments and critiques are welcome.

Thanks for looking - Fred

Wow. You made those little angels interesting. My mother in law loves those little things.. I never thought of shooting them lie that.

Thanks guys. I appreciate the comments.

Dave - it's really not that hard to get the off camera flash to fire, once you learn to navigate the menu on your camera, and the menu on your SB-800. Then it comes down to figuring out where to put the light to get the results you want, how to modify the light, etc. I'm still working on that.

Fred

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom